He loves the way you lie

Following someone is the oppisite of exciting.

Actually, it’s quite boring. Movies prepare you for something exciting and adventurous, but in reality your feet hurt, you sweat more from all the running to catch up, and you become exhausted from trying to hide and maneuver around crowds to avoid being seen.

While I would go up to Jace and ask where on earth he is going, and that I needed his help, I’ve decided to keep quiet.

Why?

Well, why not. Jace is an all around mystery. He doesn’t give anything yet expects everything in return. Maybe it makes what I am doing wrong, following him without his knowledge, but it hardly seems fair that I have to strip myself bare to him while he just stands and watches.

Bringing my arm up, I quickly wipe it across my forehead, exasperated.

So far the only thing Jace has done is walk in and out of growing crowds. Either he will slow down, or walk faster. Sometimes he'll look around and sometimes his focus is purely on his destination.

 Wherever he is heading, it must be vastly important. I stop and lay my hand to the side of my rib cage, taking deep breaths to get rid of the pain. I really needed to exercise more. The longer I chased him, the more un-fun it became.

As if he sensed me, he stops too and looks over his shoulder. Cursing under my breath, I duck behind a group of teenagers taking a group photo. Peeking behind some girl with horribly dyed blue hair, I watch as Jace looks to his right and then his left before ducking behind a booth.

Where on earth is he going?

The girl with the blue hair turns and shoots me a hard look, obviously angry over the fact that I’m interrupting their group photo. I smile an apology before darting from behind them.

I catch a bright sign from the booth Jace ducked behind. It advertises ‘homemade’ t-shirts and I ignore the obnoxious advertisement and push myself against makeshift wall. Hopefully it will hide me enough to do my scheming.

Holding my breath, I peek around the corner. The moment I see them, I’m not even surprised. I should be, but for some reason I knew this is what I would find.

Why else would Jace try to act so nonchalant and secretive?

Because his darkest secret is currently leaning against a tree, her arms crossed lightly across her chest. Even from my spot, I notice her position just makes her boobs look more bigger.

If she continued to stand like that, they would probably spill over her low cut shirt.

“What took you so long,” She hisses under her breath impatiently. From the way she says it, you can tell she doesn’t like being kept waiting. Jace raises the left side of his mouth in a half smile, her anger more amusing to him than anything else.

“It’s not funny!” She shouts stubbornly. Realizing her mistake, she quickly glances  around to see if anyone heard her and I jerk to the side and press my back against the wall. I only hope she didn’t see me.

A few tense seconds pass, where I start to think of how all the ways she is going to kill me, when she finally talks again.

“Do you know how hard it is to get away from Matt?” she whines, now looking for sympathy. “He doesn’t let me leave his sight.” I turn and look back around the wall. I don’t know if Jace likes what Brittany said or not, because his response is only, “Then leave him.”

She brings her lower lip out in a pout and it just makes her look even more pretty. Seriously, how did girls like her even exist? I don’t even have a chance to prepare myself for what happens next.