Rules and Badboys

Rule#36: Chivalry is SO not dead.

If a boy doesn’t hold the door open for you, forget it!

If he can’t even open a door, he is so not worth it.

Now if he does AND pulls out your chair, there’s only one thing to ask:

When's the wedding?

The guy in front of me has a nice butt.

 I’m pretty sure, somewhere, there is book written on this very butt. Hell, I’m sure they already sold the movie rights. Either way, this guys butt was perfect and totally movie screen worthy.

 Sadly, Madison had more serious things to talk about.

 “Tell me the plan again.”

 Sighing, I lean against the locker my first period teacher assigned me moments before and recite the plan for the second time this morning. It’s not like I needed to recite it since it took me all night to come up with it.

 The plan was perfect.

 Today at school I would find Jace Stone, tell him I know all about his scandalous affair and that if he didn’t help me the whole school would find out quicker than he can say no. I was counting on the fact that he would actually care about the whole school finding out thing.

 Madison told me the whole way home last night from the party that I should blackmail Brittany instead.

 Girls, she claimed, obviously give a shit about their reputation. Que the reason Brittany should be my number uno candidate.

 The fault with that plan was Brittany has the means to ruin me forever. Because Madison is right. Girls do care about their reputation and when you start messing with that, the end results could be deadly.

 So no.

 I don’t want my body to be found in a ditch.

 So that’s why Jace it is. Deep down, I feel kinda bad about doing the whole thing. I mean, the guy doesn’t even know me and here I am threatening to make his life hell. But, the fact is, I need him.

 I need him more than a fish needs water.

 Jace attracts girls. He’s like the nectar bees need to produce honey. Every girl would probably kill for one night with him and if he can make girls all over swoon, he sure in hell can  make guys all over swoon for me.

 Not that I need them too.

 I just need them to look my way and ask me out so that I can finally put this Checklist of mine to use. With his help I can finally prove to every person doubting the rules that yes, they do indeed work and yes, if you follow them the results will be perfect.

 With my Checklist I will find the perfect guy.

 “This is weird.”

 I shoot Madison a dark look, mad that’s all she has to say about the plan, before reaching in my bag and pulling out my compact mirror.

 Okay, fine. It technically wasn’t my mirror but I’m sure Ellie wouldn’t miss it. I run my pinky over the lip gloss I put on earlier and smack my lips three times.

 “Trying to make a rap?” Madison jokes, yet again making a comment. I roll my eyes and snap the little mirror shut. I turn toward her and try not to smudge my mascara by rubbing my eyes.