Flirting with disaster

Rule#23: Know the man you're with.

If your man just so happens to cheat on you, turn the other way

If he loved you, he would have stayed with you

So kick him in the balls, catch his clothes on fire

Either way, stick it were it hurts and never look back.

Cheaters are most certainty leavers.

Everyone knows smiling is the international sign of happiness.

But on those rare occasions sometimes it’s a small sign of weakness. Maybe, on darker days, sadness. It didn’t matter what you call a smile, or who sports it, all that needs to be said is that Jace Stone has the perfect mouth for a smile.

And he just so happens to be sending one breathtaking confident smile my way.

Bringing my hands to my lap, I loop my fingers together. Maybe that can stop the shaking from the sudden burst of adrenaline I’m feeling. Whenever I’m put on the spot my heart tends to pick up and my cheeks turn an unnatural shade of red.

Oh, and let’s not forget, my hands shake.

Letting out a small exhale of breath, I mutter under my breath so Jace can’t hear me.

"You can do this. You can do this. You can do this.” Only when I actually think I might have a chance of doing it, do I stop my memento and let my gaze go toward Jace.  

He has that same perfect, confident smile in place. Instead of showing him that I can , indeed flirt, I want to reach over and smack that self-assured smile off his face.

Even if it was kind of nice to look at.

Jace daring me to prove that I can flirt is the least of my worries at the moment. What am I going to say if I full out embarrass myself in front of all these people? What did I do if I say or do something utterly stupid and all these random civilians bare witness to it?

There was no way I was going to do this in the middle of the dining area.

No freaking way.

I’m still hyperventilating my own inner weakness when our server finally shows up. only when she finally pulls the pen from behind her ear do I somewhat relax.

I willingly take the few minutes of escape the girl gives me and swing my gaze to her small notepad. Anything’s better than having to look at Jace for a second longer.

“Hi, my names Sarah and I’ll be your server tonight,” She lays a few napkins on the table before pulling out two straws.

“What would you like to start the evening with?” She smiles politely at both of us and I take the opportunity to jump in. If it was up to Jace, who knows what he would order.

“Lemonade please,”

Jace raises an eyebrow at my choice and I decidedly look away. He makes his own order of water and the waitress sends another small smile our way before heading to fill our drink orders.

Once she leaves I want to reenact that part in the Titanic when Kate Winslet yells to Leonardo DiCaprio to come back.

Jace, clearly noting my sudden discomfort,  folds his hands together and leans his elbows against the tables surface. He then proceeds to slide himself closer, invading my personal bubble.