The queen my dear?

Mikado Ryuugamine.

You knew him.

And here he was.

"Mikado," Masaomi introduced him to Izaya and you, "meet Izaya and Y/N."

"Nice to meet you." You gave him a closed eye smile as he clumsily greeted the two of you.

"Why are you here Izaya?" Masaomi questioned.

"Y/N and I came here to meet someone," Izaya glanced at Mikado, "and we finally have."

"IIIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA!"

A trash can came flying at your Master, causing you to stand up and see Shizuo Heiwajima. You smirked and took out your hand blade.

"Long time no see, Shizu-chan." You stick your tongue out and parkour your way up to the nearest roof.

"YOU STILL NEED TO ANSWER MY QUESTION Y/N!"

"Like hell I will!"

Izaya goes on the ground near you and also smirks at Shizuo, causing him to become even angrier.

"Hey there Shizu-chan!" He greeted.

"I told you two to never come back to Ikebukuro!" Shizuo yelled.

"Yet here we are!" You sing teasingly as Shizuo lefts a pole from the ground and prepares to throw it at Izaya and you.

A bunch of punk gang members surround Izaya, you, and Shizuo. Izaya and you manage to escape safely.

---------------------------------------------
Kanra: You online Shiro?

Shiro: Of course.

Kanra: Yay!

Taro: Hey guys, you two sound ecstatic today.

Setton: He's always ecstatic when Shi is online.

Kanra: Ever since you guys brought up how lovely Shi and I would look together, it brought me to a conclusion that maybe I should love her!

Setton: ?!

Taro: This has been taken way too far Kan! It was just a joke right Setton?!

Setton: Y-Yeah! It was just a joke! I wasn't being serious Kan!

Kanra: You were serious a little~

Setton: No I wasn't!

Shiro: Kan.

Kanra: The princess addresses me!
( ̄▼ ̄)

Shiro: I'll leave again.

Kanra: Nooooo, my princess!

Shiro has left the chatroom.
---------------------------------------------

You put some music on and lay on your bed, only Izaya's face was in your mind, it was his smile and his eyes that got you...

What are you thinking Y/N?! He's your master, not your lover! Forget about the past and remember the present! You don't like him that way anymore!

"Y/N?" A knock at your door.

"Enter."

Izaya comes in and turns off your music. You sit up on your bed and hug your knees, Izaya in front of you on the bed.

"What's wrong kitten?" He asks. "Is something bothering you?"

You turn your head away and don't say anything.

"You know, this isn't like you at all. I kind of like it, maybe you should be like this more often. You should be a protective pet."

No response.

"If you'd like me to go, I'll go, I won't bother you any longer-"

As soon as he started to stand up, you pulled on his jacket's arm and looked down. Izaya only smiled at you and sat down again.

"Do you..." you hesitated. "Do you like having me as your pet? Do I bother you too much?"

Izaya bursted out laughing and laid down on the bed, still laughing. You turned serious and looked at the raven haired boy.

"I-I'm serious! Is there something wrong with me Izaya?"

"Of course not kitten." Izaya looked at you with a smile. "You're perfect the way you are. I actually find it quite cute when you're my pet out there."

"R-Really?"

"Would your master ever lie to you?"

And for the first time since long ago, you smiled with genuine joy. The last time you smiled with genuine joy had been when her parents were still alive. Before the brown-red haired boy killed them.

"No." You giggle.

"Was that a giggle I just heard?" Izaya sat up and grew close to you.

"I-is something wrong with it? Was I not supposed to laugh Master? I'm sorry!"

"No, it's quite cute. I actually like it."

Blush dusted both your cheeks as you smiled and giggled again.
---------------------------------------------

Izaya store at the board game with a cheerful gaze. He couldn't get the girl out of his head, she was quite cute to him. The black queen was instead replaced with a white one, a black king on her left.

"She's innocent." Izaya said to himself. "Way too innocent."

He made his way over to his computer screen and saw a message from Y/N pop up. It had been sent days ago, how come Izaya hadn't gotten it on that day?

He opened it to see Y/N's pictures with him. Her cute smile and cheerful expression seemed to light up the whole room now. Izaya smiled at them and the message below,

Thank you for all of your kind deeds Master! o(^^)o

Izaya felt strange, his heart pounded with a feeling that urged him to protect the girl. He glanced back over at his game board and saw the white queen and the black king. Without the two in a normal game of chess, you would lose. But, in Izaya's game, the queen was the only thing that he truly cherished, it was the center of the game. Lose that piece and the game was over for Izaya. He'd lose something that could've flipped the coin and won.

He needed to protect her as well as she had done to him.