Chapter Two: Somethings Are Best Kept A Secret

• Dedicated to Dee 'Frankiie' Hinds

Look Out! Look Out! Look Out! 

Whats that? You know karmas coming to pay me back.  

I hurt the sweetest thing that on the map.  

I broke her heart in 30 seconds flat  

Now how did I? Just tell me how did I become that kinda guy.  

To look a girl and lie right in the eye  

My mama told me, "Now Willi that aint right, boy now that aint right" 

I'm so so so sorry. I didnt mean to break ya heart.  

Im so so so sorry. I didn't mean to break it, b-b-b-b-break it Baby. 

Look baby, I'm a heartbreaker.  

- Heartbreaker, Will.I.Am

Chapter Two : Some Things Are Best Kept A Secret

Sebastian

"Mum?" I asked cautiously hoping not to find some half naked man in my mother's bedroom like I had last time. I crept inside the slightly ajar bedroom door, peering at the mess of duvet covers, the smell of cheap perfume and old wine hit me immediately, and I struggled not to puke. Pushing aside clothing that had carelessly been scattered over the floors with the edge of my toe,  

I walked towards the bed, peering over yet more clothing.

Nope.

No one.

For some reason, I was glad. At least I would be able to get Juliet ready for school without any hassle. I made my way to the door quickly, not wanting to spend any more time in HER room. 

I hurriedly dressed into the cleanest shirt and trousers I could find, before knocking on my little sisters bedroom door. 

When I heard no response, I opened the door.

"Rise and Shine small fry! Time to get up!" I announced playfully. Juliet groaned, her light brown hair tangled around her pillow.

"Urgg - leave me alone! I'm tired!!" she responded.

"You shouldn't have gone to bed so late! Come on I'm running late! If you get up now I'll let you have pancakes for breakfast?" I offered.

"With chocolate?" she asked opening one eye.

"Maybe- but only if you get up like right now!" I joked. 

She was up and out of the bed before I could even finish my sentence.

Laughing, I left her room to get my bag ready for school.

" Hey, Sebastian?" I heard my sister ask. I turned to see my short little sister look up at me- her light green eyes peering at me from a mess of hair. He mouth was full of toothpaste and her pyjames were creased.

"What's up short stuff?" I asked.

"Is mum home?"

For some reason it annoyed me that my 8 year old sister would be worrying about someone as worthless as my mother. 

"No, she's probably staying the night someplace else." I said regrettably. Sighing, Juliet turned to head back to the bathroom and I resumed packing my bags trying not to think about where my mother might be and what she was doing. 

*** 

"Julie!! Hurry up and wash the chocolate off your shirt or I'll miss the bus!" I yelled down the hallway.