Chapter Ten

"Hey Mom, I wasn't expecting to see..." I try to say with a smile until my mom cuts me off with a sharp stare out the corner of her eye.

"Pack your shit, we're leaving right now!", says my mother as she starts grabbing my things and throwing them in the bags that she brought with her.

"What? No, Mom please. I'm sorry, I won't get into anymore trouble, I promise!", I say in a panic. I can't leave already, I love it here. I refuse to go.

"Oh I know you aren't going to do anything else because you are bringing your ass back to New York with me. You have been here for 2 months and already your ass is suspended, you are out of your damn mind if you think I'm letting you stay here. Now do what I said and get your shit together!" She keeps grabbing my stuff and bagging it up. She's usually a neat freak but she seems to have forgotten all about that, it's a mess in here.

"Mom, can we at least talk about this. I am seventeen years old, why don't I ever get a say in anything concerning MY life?"

I immediately regret my words, I have never talked to my mother this way. That is very clear by the way she slaps me clear across the face. I fall to the ground and begin to cry as the blood fills my mouth. I look up at my mother with sincere eyes. She looks mad, but it looks like she realizes that she has really hurt me.

My mother sits on my bed and begins to cry into her hands. I get up from the floor and hold my mom and we cry together.

"I'm so sorry baby, but when I got that phone call saying that my Baby Girl has been suspended for fighting, I got scared. I feel like I'm losing you. You aren't my sweet, precious little girl anymore. You're growing up, and you beat your first ass. I never wanted you to be a fighter. I see now that I can't hold you back, ever since you was a baby I've over protected you and kept you in my arms. I never allowed you to grow into your own person. I talked to your Auntie Marie, she told me that I have to stop babying you, I have to let you grow to be your own person. I guess , maybe now's the time for me to do that."

My mother hugs me tight and I hug her back even tighter. "Thank you."

"You're welcome sweetie. I love you."

I look into my mom's eyes and smile, "I love you too mom."

My mom and I are hugging in silence when we hear, "ACHOO!"

"Bless you.", we both say in unison. We give each other a confused look.

"You didn't sneeze?", says my mother confused.

"No, I thought you did."

"What the hell is going on here?" My mom gets up and starts looking around the room for whom the sneeze came from.

"Oh shit.", I whisper suddenly remembering Jordan and his girl in the closet.

I need to think, and quick.

***