Chapter Four

Shy and I take off around the track going as fast as we can. We are determined to make the track team together; we do pretty much everything together lately since we're pretty much best friends. We are already passing the other girls fairly easy so we take it upon ourselves to have a race. She's fast, I'll give her that. She's gonna have to be faster to pass me though, I win the race and she comes in second behind me, the other girls come in slowly after us. These girls are weak, they should learn from Shy and me. Shy and I walk over to get a drink from our waters.

"Damn you are fast girl. I thought I was good, but shit. I see I'm gonna have to step my game up." She gives me a competitive glare before smiling and giving me a high five.

"You were good, I had to put some effort in there, we both gotta put some more work in. You did good too."

Practice ends and we grab our stuff and head back to my dorm to catch up on some studying.

***

"Oh My God! Tell me everything! Tell me everything right now!" Shy hits me in my arm playfully and plops down in my bed eager to hear what I have to say.

"Nothing happened!" I say with a huge smile. "We just went for lunch, we talked, that's it. Well, I mean, we kinda flirted, I think. I mean, it just felt so amazing just to be out with him, I don't really even remember what we talked about. I honestly can't even remember what I had for lunch. I just know we went for Ruby Tuesday's, he paid for everything."

"Ruby Tuesday's? OH MY GOD! It's official, you and him are dating." Shy jumps up and pulls me into a hug.

"What? No! Well, I don't know, you really think so?" I can't help but smile. "Wait, but it was just one time, we just went for lunch. Is that considered a date?"

We hear someone coming into the room, my face looks panicked.

"That's him, shut up. Be cool." I whisper to Shy.

She smiles, "I finally get to meet Mr. tall and sexy. I'm gonna enjoy this."

Jordan walks in before I can say anything to Shy about being cool around him and not to say anything.

"Hey Liyah, who's your friend?" Jordan comes in and puts his bag on the bed.

Shy jumps up and grabs his hand and shakes it, "I'm Aaliyah's best friend Ming Shi Lee, but you can call me Shy. You know, Aaliyah told me you were fine, but damn, you are something else." Shy looks Jordan up and down slowly.

"Shy! Oh my God, Jordan, I am so sorry. I told her not to say anything. We should go." I say so nervously. What is he going to think of me now; Shy has officially ruined this for me. Like what the fuck, who says that, he's going to think I'm a weirdo now. There goes my first guy that I might have had a connection with.

Jordan laughs, "Stop stressing Aaliyah, I'm glad she told me. Now I know that you think I'm cute." Jordan winks at me with a smile. "Nice to meet you Shy, and thank you." Jordan gives her a big smile.

"No prob.", Shy says quickly. "Well, I should get going. I, uh, I have a ton of homework to do." Shy nudges me closer to Jordan softly and runs out the door, yelling bye as she leaves.

Jordan and I sit on our separate beds looking at each other in silence for a minute. He smiles and sits next to me on my bed. He's so close I can almost touch his arm. He moves in closer to me and says, "So you think I'm cute, huh?" He is holding my hand, which is good because him holding it is the only reason it isn't trembling due to how nervous I am.

I stare into his beautiful deep grey eyes and find the courage to say, "Yes."

He smiles at me and says, "Good, because you are honestly the most beautiful girl that I have ever laid my eyes on."

I smile a huge smile, "Really? You think I'm beautiful?"

"Of course." Jordan says with a smile.

***