Chapter 7

Eventually her eyes flutter open to look at my face, which is red and flustered having been caught staring at her so intensely. I blush even more profusely when I suddenly remember that I used to do this in the tour bus way back when too. Maybe I really have been oblivious this whole time. Shit.

She smiles that same smile I used to look forward to seeing every morning at work; it still makes me feel just as giddy, except now I actually know why.

'Hey.'

'Hi.'

'You stayed over.'

'I passed out.'

'In my bed.'

'...I passed out in your bed.'

'I like seeing you in my bed.'

'I mean, it's super comfy...' what did I even just say?

Camila laughs to herself.

'How is it that over time I've become more confident and you've become more awkward?'

'I'm actually not! It's just...you.'

'Me what?'

'You make me nervous.' I probably look like a fucking tomato at this point.

Camila smiles gently then lunges forward to attack my face and body with kisses, to which I squeal and try and push her away.

Try and fail.

She ends up on top of me, face towered only slightly above my own. We just stare at each other for a moment. It's not weird, not awkward, just...easy. Then she leans in for a delicate kiss that somehow feels like the softest thing in the world whilst electrifying me at the same time. She's pure magic.

Camila pulls away slightly, voice barely above a whisper.

'I think you should stay in my bed more often...I don't think I realised until now how empty it feels without you.'

'You're such a fucking cornball. And as great as that sounds, I still have Lucy to think about.'

'Well you're breaking up with her, right?'

'I don't know if we're even together. We left things kind of open ended in Miami...kind of as if we were taking a break.'

'So this is allowed.'

'In theory, yes. But I don't want it to be plastered everywhere for her to see.'

'So we don't tell anyone.'

'I'm serious, Camz. I don't even want the girls to find out. They'd kill me after how you left things...speaking of which, now that the...ice is broken, you owe me a proper explanation--'

She puts a finger on my mouth as if to shush me, then replaces it with her lips and pulls me in for a chaste kiss.

'Can we leave the talking for later? No one can know, and I still need to explain myself, blah blah blah. Let's just fuck now, please--'

She crashes her lips against mine and places her hands around my neck, pulling me into her urgently. She pulls me upright with her, and I put my hands on her butt, squeezing firmly. Her lips have started trailing my neck when we're rudely interrupted by an alarm on my phone.

'You've got to be fucking kidding me.'

'Shit, I have rehearsals in 45 minutes! Where are we right now?'

'West Hollywood. Yes, I'm really that gay.'

I laugh as much and as loudly as I only ever did with her; this feels way too damn comfortable.