Chapter One

(A/N: just an idea I'm trying out. Let me know if I should continue! And can I make it clear that I don't actually feel this strongly against Camila at all lol so don't hate me, 'villainising' her is just for the purpose of telling the story, you'll see(: )

It's been like 2 weeks since she left Fifth Harmony. And it's not that she left, it's how she left that hurt.

Disregarding the logistical elements of why we fell apart as a group, things between Camila and I broke down as soon as I came out as bi and told the girls about Lucy and I. She literally didn't even respond when I spoke, she just blankly watched while the other girls came in to hug me and let me know that I had their support. In fact, we never spoke beyond the minimum interaction that was necessary for us to maintain in public for work after that; we spoke, but we didn't talk, if that makes any sense. And in fact, Camila told us she'd be leaving the group almost exactly a week after my coming out went public, a few weeks after I came out to them privately.

And I can understand the concept of people growing up and changing, and drifting apart; but the time we've spent together for the past however many years was worth so much more than to simply be reduced to us acting like strangers at the end like this. Did she seriously not care about any of it?

In some ways, it was through fans trying to force Camren down my throat that I recognised the possibility of me even being attracted to girls at all; I didn't have any feelings for Camila, but now that I thought about it, Zoe Kravitz could get it. And Kehlani. And Angelina Jolie. And Amber Heard. And--you get it. I like girls.

*

It's New Years Eve and I'm at home enjoying my relatively longer break from work, watching TV with my family and Lucy before going back out to a couple New Years parties, having just returned from performing with Marian Hill for the first time out in Lake Tahoe; still on a high.

We're just flicking through channels when suddenly we get to E!, and it's showing a shot of Camila speaking, one that I don't recognise. Was this a new interview?

'Turn it up.' I say somewhat apprehensively. Then I hear the voiceover say:

'In her very first interview since leaving Fifth Harmony, ex-member Camila Cabello makes shocking revelations about her time with the group -'

'Is she seriously being this quick to stir shit up? Putting out an interview on New Years fucking eve?' Lucy voiced my anger quite perfectly.

'What could she possibly have to reveal about the group? She effectively left us like a year and a half ago when she dropped that song with Shawn without even telling us. She doesn't even know us as individuals anymore to even have anything decent or juicy to unveil,' I rambled aloud before turning back to the TV.

'Moments include:

"They worked us to the bone; I didn't get to feel like a teenage girl after a certain point"

"I don't think it's a crime for me to want to be creative; the group just didn't give me enough freedom to truly do that"

And arguably the most controversial moment of all:

''I was in love with Lauren Jauregui, and a part of me always will be.''

All that and more, tonight on E!.'

My mum turns off the TV, leaving all of us in silence.

What the...

What?