Who keeps calling me?

Bzzzzt!

Stop cockblocking.

I groaned and pulled away. I checked my phone to see my mother calling.

"Hello?" I rolled my eyes, annoyed that she got in the way of our make out session.

"Jessica, I need you home right now... The Larksons are back. They'll be arriving at our place soon. You need to be here."

"Yes ma'am," I sighed and hung up.

"Jeremy, it was great seeing you.... But unfortunately, I have to get back now. Family friends are visiting... I'll call you, ok?" I smiled up at him, and leaned in for one last peck on the lips before turning to leave.

"I'll take you home," he offered like the gentleman he is.

I drove here myself.

I have a car.

What will happen to my car if I just leave it here? In the middle of the street?

But he was too cute for me to refuse.

Curse you, heart.

"Please do. I could really use a ride," I said to him.

Mental facepalm.

**

"Bye Jeremy," I said to him outside the door. We kissed one last time, before he smiled and turned to leave.

I was still grinning like an utter idiot even after I entered the front door.

**

"Good evening Mrs. Larkson and Mr. Larkson," I greeted with a bright smile.

"Oh, darling!" The jolly woman exclaimed happily as she pulled me into a hug. "Look at you, all grown up now. It's been years since I've seen you."

"How have you been, Mrs. Larkson?" I asked after pulling away from her strong arms.

"The usual... You know, designing clothes for our company is never easy. I'm too old to model now, but we have Dan and Hannah modeling for our designs. They've become top models in the industry now. Those two are my pride and joy." She beamed at me, proud to talk about her children. I nodded and smiled politely, feigning interest in what she's telling me.

My parents invited them inside to sit. We gathered in the living room, where the adults talked about their lives, how difficult it's been, and blah blah.

I zoned out.

I started to think about Jeremy... His manly hands all over my hair.....

Hot.

"So what happened to your youngest son, Carl?" Asked my father, as he sipped his coffee. "Haven't heard an update on how he's doing."