☆18

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The winter wind howls through the desolate street.

For some reason I feel uneasy. Like somethings wrong. All around me the trees are empty, no leaves seen hanging.

I speed up my pace now, turning the bend quickly.

The wooden bench is empty, no Luna.

I take a few steps backwards. She's probably late - caught up somewhere I think to myself.

A rush of wind suddenly blows and I see a flicker of movement under the bench.

I head over slowly - the last of the leaves crunching underfoot, after all Winters here.

I crouch down grabbing the paper. An envelope - with my name on it, underlined.

Rafael.

My heart is beating fast now, like a runaway train picking up pace.

I rip it open quickly, my stomach doing somersaults. Scanning the first sentence.

By the time you find and read this letter, I'll be gone.

My heart beat seems to echo around me, palms sweaty, despite the few flakes of snow that slowly fall. Hands trembling as I force my eyes to continue leading the letter.

It all ended up being too much Rafael.

The nature of life, the pain and abuse that persist, the injustice and everything else that comes with it and it wasn't really worth being here anymore.

You know our first encounter. When I was a little cold towards you? That was the day I was going to kill myself. I had it all planned but then something inside just prevented me and so I waited there the next day.

Im sorry for being cold. It was because no one cared before and then you came along every day and made life a little better.

You came again the next day and the day after and slowly you became my person to confide into.

I don't know what it was about you. Maybe your eyes, that themselves hold so much hidden? Maybe it was the fact you cared? You stopped and asked. No one did that, not anymore - not for a long time.

My head spins slightly and I can't believe that she's gone.

Don't ever for one second think it's your fault. If anything you made life better. You made the extra days of my life help me understand that somewhere out there, someone does care.