XL - Old Friends

We left the kitchen and went into the living room, a guy with blonde hair who was quiet a bit shorter than Shawn immediately coming up to us.

"Hey man, so good to see you," he said, giving Shawn a hug.

"Hi, I'm Jack," he smiled, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Maggie," I smiled, shaking his hand.

"I'm guessing she's already met G?" he asked, looking at Shawn.

Shawn nodded, taking another sip of his drink.

Jack turned his attention back to me"You can call me Johnson, the other Jack you've already met is Gilinsky," he said.

"Got it," I smiled, bringing my cosmo up to my lips. I took a small sip of the drink, letting the liquid slide down my throat and ease my nerves.

Shawn's friends were beyond sweet. I could already tell tonight was going to be fun, and that I had nothing to worry about.

We stayed in the living room for a couple hours, numerous people coming up to say hello to Shawn and introduce themselves to me. After a little while it seemed like all the girls were in the kitchen, and all the guys were in the living room, except me.

"Babe, I'm gonna go in the kitchen, okay?" I said to Shawn, placing my hand on his shoulder as I leaned up to talk beside his ear. The music wasn't that loud, but I didn't want to interrupt everyone else's conversation. We were standing with a group of five guys: Cameron, Nash, Matthew, Gilinsky and Johnson.

I walked into the kitchen and sat at on a stool at the island. I sat across from Madison, who was the only one I'd met so far. I'd seen all the other girls around, but I hadn't caught their names yet.

"Ladies, this is Maggie," she informed the six other girls sitting with us.

They all went around the island introducing ourselves.

"Annemarie,"

"Gabrielle,"

"Nicole,"

"Kaitlin, but everyone calls me Kait,"

"Shannon,"

"Mia,"

They were all flawless, and came across in such a nice way. I felt so welcome here, and it made me love Shawn even more. It's no wonder he's so perfect when he surrounded himself with perfect people during high school and college.

"What brings you here?" Nicole asked nicely.

"I'm Shawn's girlfriend," I replied, loving the fact that I get to call myself that more and more each time it happens.

All the girls responded with some form of 'aw', a few of them adding how lucky Shawn and I are to have each other.

"Are all of you here with your boyfriends too?" I asked, sipping my cosmo.

"I'm engaged to Cam," Gabrielle smiled, holding up her left hand to show me a gorgeous engagement ring.

"I'm with Tyler," Shannon said, smiling as she looked over at her, extremely handsome, boyfriend. (Does anyone else watch 'Are You the One?' lol)

"I came with JC, but we aren't officially together or anything," Annemarie said, "He's the one next to the TV laughing his head off with Kian," she laughed, pointing into the living room.

"I've been dating Matt for about a year," Kait said, "Our one year is next week."

"I'm single," Nicole laughed.

"Me too," Mia added, "But we're best friends, so at least we're alone together," she said, making everyone laugh.

"So tell us about Shawn, we haven't seen him in forever. What's he like?"

"He's perfect," I gushed, "There's no better way to describe him. He's so sweet, genuine, and caring. His looks are a major plus too," I joked, making them all laugh.

"I can't imagine myself without him, to be honest. He makes me really, really happy," I said, all the girls listening intently with soft smiles on their faces.

Just before I began to speak again, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"How's it going babe?" Shawn asked, resting his chin on top of my head.

"It's going great," I smiled, placing my hands on top of his arms that were wrapped around my waist. "I think it's so crazy that everyone here has been close friends since high school. It's really sweet," I said, resulting in smiles and nods from all the girls.

"Hey everyone, it's 11:57!" Gilinsky called over to the kitchen. We all got out of our seats and stood in the living room, watching Time Square on the TV.

Before I knew it we were all counting down to the New Year.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

"Happy New Year!" everyone yelled and cheered into the air, raising up their glasses before kissing their significant other.

I looked up at Shawn as he placed his index finger beneath my chin. He gently tilted my head upwards, pressing his lips against mine. It was firm and soft at the same time, his warm lips tasting of the scotch he'd been drinking all night.

"Happy New Year Maggie," He smiled as we broke apart, resting his forehead on mine.

"Happy New Year Shawn," I smiled back.

"I love you," he whispered against my lips.

"I love you too," I replied, kissing him again.

-

Shawn and I decided to stay the night at Jack's, since we'd both drank too much to drive home. We woke up cuddled together on the couch at ten the next morning.

We got up and went into the kitchen, finding that Gilinsky and Madison were the only ones left.

"Did everyone else already leave? I was hoping I'd get a chance to say goodbye," Shawn said, ruffling his soft hair with his fingers as he sat at the kitchen island.

I pulled out a stool beside him, taking a seat across from Jack and Madison.

"Don't worry, we're all planning to hangout again soon. It's really great to have everyone back together, huh?" Gilinsky smiled and Shawn nodded in response.

After having some coffee Shawn and I decided to head home. We stood by the front door as we slipped on our jackets, saying goodbye to Jack and Madison.

"If he ever makes you upset you give me a call, alright?" Jack joked as he hugged me goodbye.

"Alright, I will," I laughed in response.

I hugged Madison goodbye as well, then stepped out the front door. Right before Shawn walked out of the house, Madison gently grabbed his arm. She leaned in closer to him, speaking in a soft tone.

"She really loves you, okay? Don't ever let her go," she told him.

I smiled to myself as I walked down the walkway, a feeling of contentment rising within me after last night.

-

I've been deep in the "I miss old Magcon" feels lately, so I had to throw some of the boys in there. Please don't hate me. xoxo

Shawn did ABSOLUTELY AMAZING at the Juno Awards I'm shook af. Him kissing Aaliyah's forehead after he won an award is the cutest thing I've ever seen holy shit I love him so much.

Also, can we talk about how he sang on stage with JOHN FREAKING MAYER at John's concert last night??? They're my two absolute favorite singers, sounded amazing together, and Shawn looked so so so happy to be signing with his idol❤️❤️❤️