XXVIII - The Black Jeep

I love when you guys comment on my chapters it just makes me so happy, thanks for all the support xoxo

-

I quickly texted my friends, asking them to meet me in the bathroom. Once everyone was there I started to freak out.

"What's going on?" I asked loudly.

"A couple of guys saw you in the back of a car Saturday night, and you looked mega blissed out. Like total mid-orgasam. They didn't see the guy, but everyone thinks it was Bryce since he has a black Jeep." As soon as those words left Ronnie's mouth I looked over at Molly with wide eyes.

She stormed out of the bathroom without saying a word. The black Jeep. She knows it was Shawn.

"What's her problem?" Liv asked.

"I-I don't know. Can someone please finish explaining to me what's going on?" I frantically urged them.

"Right. Okay, so basically those guys told some other guys, they told their girlfriends, their girlfriends told their friends...you know how rumors start, Mags," Jo explained sympathetically.

"I know how rumors spread, I just didn't expect to be the subject of all of them this year. We've been in school for barely two months and this is already happening!" I whined. "Has Bryce said anything about this?"

"Not really. He won't admit it was him but he won't exactly deny it either. Why did't you tell us?" Ronnie questioned, sounding hurt.

"I'm sorry guys, I just didn't want anyone to know. It was a one-time hookup, you know?" I felt bad lying to them, making them think it was Bryce. But what else was I supposed to do?

I walked to study hall in Mr. Mendes' room, dreadfully sitting in my seat in front of Bryce.

"Hey Mags, show us your O face!" someone in the back row called.

A few of the girls whispered to each other, and I'd occasionally hear the word 'slut'. I can't blame them, it's barely October and there's already been two sex-related rumors about me. And both of them were true.

"That's enough class, settle down," Shawn said sternly. I wonder if he knew the rumor. Most likely.

"Hey Teller, did you get any in the Wrangler too?" one of his friends asked him.

"Bro, I drive a Patriot, not a Wrangler. It wasn't me, so everyone needs to leave Maggie alone," he answered loudly. I smiled at him thankfully. I guess we were friends now?

When we were working on that history project together he'd really opened up to me on a personal level. He was different than I thought he was, but in a good way.

-

After school I went to the library with Molly, Liv, Ronnie, and Jo. Molly still wasn't talking to me, but I can't say I don't understand why. I lied to her, and I broke a promise.

We talked and studied for half an hour, waiting for our practice to start. We still had forty more minutes left, so Molly went to her car to take a nap.

After she left Shawn came over to our table, taking Molly's seat.

"Hi ladies," he smiled, "How is everyone?" we all answered with some form of 'good', trying to maintain small talk.

We all talked about random things until the secretary's voice rang out over the speaker system.

"Will the owner of the black Jeep Wrangler please move to another parking spot? One of our buses can't get through. Thank you."

"Oh, that's me," Shawn laughed, standing up out of his chair. "Have a nice practice," he said, leaving the library.

I watched as he left, not realizing he'd just revealed that he was the owner of the black Jeep Wrangler.

I quickly looked at my friends with a nervous expression. They didn't seem angry, just shocked and confused.

"Please don't be mad," I said.

"We're not mad," Jo said soothingly.

"Just...confused," Liv said.

"And super impressed," Ronnie added, trying lighten the mood.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jo asked.

"I didn't want anyone to find out. I also didn't want you guys to judge me," I answered.

"Mags, we'd never judge you! I know this is a weird situation, but if you're happy then we're happy for you. Okay?"

I nodded in acknowledgement, smiling softly. "Thank you. I love you guys, you're the best."

"We know," Ronnie joked, sassily flipping her hair over her shoulder.

-

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day! xoxo