55. Ice Queen | requested [B.A.]

Start from the beginning

Barry blinked, obviously surprised at my sudden outburst.

"And the Y/N I know wouldn't have accused me of something I can't control," Barry argued, "What's wrong with you?" He folded his arms against his chest, shaking his head in disappoint at me.

"I can't control anything, either!" I shouted, flinging my hands to the sides. My hands felt colder than usual, and when I looked to the side an icy fog was forming around both of them. I winced, bringing them to my sides.

"Y/N, you can talk to me," Barry pleaded, placing his hands on my shoulders, "I'm still your best friend - you can talk to me."

I felt cold, sad tears rise in my eyes. "It's not fair," I sputtered, trying to hold back my tears. "Barry, you're right, I'm different." I pulled out of his grasp, turning away and walking back in the direction of my apartment. I just wanted to get out of the open, where anyone driving by could see the pain of my opened heart.

Barry rushed forward, and was by my side again in no time. "We've all changed," Barry answered next to me, "I've changed, too."

I rolled my eyes, running my fingers through my hair. "Yeah? While you were sleeping for nine months?"

"Yes," Barry said matter-of-factly. We were standing outside the door of my building now, as I wiped at my teary eyes.

I shook my head. It couldn't be the same. "I know what you went through is absolutely something life altering," I admitted, "But can you do this?"

I lifted a hand up so he could see it. Right over us, it began to snow lightly. The street around us stayed dry, but the little flurries dropped onto us, painting us in the white flakes. A few tears fell now. I had never told anyone about my abilities before. Barry was the first. And maybe I was insane for this.

Barry's eyes seemed to pop out of his head for a moment, causing my heart to tighten. Now he was going to think I was a complete freak.

"Sorry," I muttered, the snow stopping abruptly.

"No, no, don't be sorry," Barry shook his head, "I can - I can help you. And that was... cool."

My eyebrows furrowed at him now. "What? You aren't going to freak out and run away?"

Barry laughed lightly, holding up his own hand to me now. In a second, it began to shake at an inhuman speed. My jaw dropped for a moment, before I regained my own composure. Barry had an... ability. Like me.

"We're both metahumans," Barry sighed, "You know that red blur running around the city? Yeah, well, uh, that's me. But please don't tell anyone."

My face cracked into a wide smile, as I nodded. "And don't tell anyone I can freeze them over with a touch."

Barry laughed. "Of course," he promised, "But, I mean... I thought everyone like us was out to destroy the city." He rubbed the back of his neck, looking down at me with his innocent eyes.

"Not me." I answered honestly.

Barry let out a sigh of relief, nodding gratefully. Without any warning, he stepped forward, pulling me into a big bear hug. I let him do it, because I couldn't recall the last time I had hugged somebody like this, for fear I'd accidentally touch them.

"It's nice to know I'm not alone," Barry admitted, as he continued to hug me. "And you're not alone, either." He rubbed my back with his hands, comforting me for all of these months I'd spent worrying and alone.

"Thank you, Barry." I hugged him tightly, wishing that we could never let go. I'd missed him so much, I had missed his hugs and his laugh and his eyes.

"I love you, Y/N," Barry whispered.

My body stiffened at his words. He loved me?

"W-what?" I stammered, pulling away from him.

Now, Barry's eyes were glazed over with tears, as he shrugged lightly. "What can I say?" He shook his head. "I've loved you since I've known what love was. It's always been you, and I've always been too afraid to say it's you. But everything's changing and... I just want to let you know how I feel." His arms dropped from around me, looking at me with anticipation.

"I thought you always liked Iris," I spoke quietly, not believing his words. Why would Barry Allen like me?

"It's always been you," Barry shook his head, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'm sorry to spring this on you, but being in a coma for nine months makes you realize some things."

I let out a long sigh that turned into laughter, shaking my head in disbelief. "And it's always been you, Barry Allen," I admitted. I stood on my tiptoes, pressing my lips for a split second to Barry's.

"Ooh, cold," Barry sucked in breath. His body began to shudder and vibrate at super speed again, and his paled lips turned back to their normal color. "Good as new."

"Good," I smiled.

Barry nodded, backing up slowly. He couldn't hide his giddy smile, and it was absolutely adorable. "See you tomorrow, Y/N." And with that, he sped off into the distance, leaving behind a trail of lightning.

• • • • •

author's note | heya! here's a request for @_hello_loves_ & i hope you liked it :-)

ps, last week's episode of the flash was the most emotional episode ever. but next week is the musical crossover and i literally cannot tell you how happy i am for it. it's like two of my favorite things - musical theatre and superheroes.

have a good day everyone, x