05. Human Lie Detector - Pt. 2 [B.A.]

Human Lie Detector Pt. 2
{Barry x Reader}

As soon as you got back to his place, Barry urged you to sit on the couch and rest. "Just sit down and rest, please," he begged.

"Barry, I'm fine," you said again for the millionth time since you'd left STAR Labs. But he didn't really believe you, since that whole walk you were coughing up a lung. And with that, another coughing fit started.

"You don't sound fine," he shook his head. He led you to the couch, where you sat down. "Hey, I know what will make you feel better." Barry was grinning ridiculously wide.

"You do?" You asked, crossing your arms and leaning back into the cushiony couch. Thank God for Joe, Barry's adopted father, and his good taste in couches.

"I've only been your best friend for like, I don't know, seven years," Barry smiled, leaning on the back of the couch. "Let me grab you some chocolate milk, pajamas, and then we'll watch If I Stay."

You sighed, "Alright, you do know me."

Barry returned back fairly quickly, holding a glass of chocolate milk and a large t-shirt. He frowned, "I would give you Iris' pajamas, but she took them all when she moved in with Eddie. So, uh, here's one of my t-shirts."

"That's fine," you said, taking the shirt as he placed the milk on the table. "We both know on me they'll almost reach my knees."

Barry laughed and smiled, "Yeah, you're short."

You walked out of the living room into the bathroom and changed. While you were in there, you started coughing again. You leaned against the sink, breathing in and out unsteadily. Another coughing fit started up, and you looked down to see some blood swirling in the sink.

"Y/N?" Barry called, knocking on the bathroom door. "Are you alright?"

"Uh, um, I," You stuttered, bringing the back of your hand to your mouth. "I'm fine now." You wiped your mouth, and turned on the sink, washing out the blood.

You opened the door, to see Barry standing there, his face etched with worry. "Okay," he said. He looked down at you, a small smile appearing on his face. "I haven't seen you in one of my shirts in forever. You look... nice."

"Nice?" You asked, wrapping my arms around myself. You felt like a disaster, complete with messy hair and in a old t-shirt for clothes.

"Cute," he smiled, "Very cute."

You blushed, and looked at the ground to hide it. "Let's go watch the movie," you sighed, walking out of the bathroom and back to the living room. He followed behind you immediately.

You fell to the couch, Barry doing the same. Within the first few minutes of the movie, Barry's arm was around you. You snuggled your head into Barry's chest, occasionally pulling away to cough. You thanked the Lord blood didn't come spatting out again.

At some point of the night, after If I Stay and during Barry's choice of Back To The Future, you had fallen asleep. Barry never left your side, paying more attention to you than the movie. He waited all night patiently for Cisco's call. A call that never came. He didn't mean to fall asleep while watching you, but somehow, it just happened. When Joe walked in from his night shift, he saw the two asleep on the couch and couldn't help but smile for his Barry.

~ ~ ~

You woke up suddenly, to a crick in your neck and to your head resting in Barry's lap. You sat up quickly, pulling your hair into a messy bun on top of your head.

Barry's phone went off. You reached for it,
but somehow Barry's hand got it first. You looked at him, confused. You thought he was fast asleep.

"Good morning," he wore a lazy smile. "How do you feel?" The phone kept ringing in his hand.

"I don't know," you said, "My throat's fine, I think, but you're going to give me a headache it you don't take that call."

Barry nodded, and leaned over, giving you a kiss on your cheek. Your hand flew to where his lips met as he stood up and walked out of the room to take the call. You sighed and collapsed back down the couch, still tired. You fixed the blanket over you, thinking about the night before. Falling asleep in Barry's arms, waking up to him planting a kiss on your cheek. Was this heaven?

"Y/N," Barry said, hurrying back into the room. "There was an, uh, accident. I've got to get to the scene. I'll be right back." You opened up one eye to see Barry staring down at you.

"No, there wasn't," the words came out of your mouth like they weren't even yours. "You're lying."

Barry's eyes widened and he kneeled on the ground in front of the couch. "What?" He asked, "Um, it's me, Y/N, forensic scientist Barry Allen that you've always known. Are you okay?"

You sat up slowly, shaking your head. "Barry," you said, shaking your head. "Why are you lying to me? I know that's not all there is to you." You covered your mouth, startled by your own words.

"I'm so sorry!" You said, "I don't know what's going on. I don't know why I said that!"

"Listen, Y/N, we'll talk when I get back. But I've got to go. You go back to bed, you can just go get in mine," Barry offered, standing up.

You shook your head, "Um, okay. Go do your thing that's definitely not going to a scene as a CSI." You covered your mouth again, as Barry gave you another weird look. He shook his head, and hurried upstairs to get changed and ready.

You knew you were right, you knew Barry was lying to you about something. But why was your mouth talking for you? You thought back to the stuff of Cisco's you drank last night. With those crazy metahuman rumors... wasn't anything possible?

• • • • •

author's note | okay, but like, imagine actually waking up to that.... perfection, right?!?! i hope you enjoyed part two, and keep your eyes peeled for the last part of this story!

and, okay but, dang barry and his sweetness.

thanks for reading!!