41. Blind Dates & Fruit Cakes Pt. 1 [B.A.]

Blind Dates & Fruit Cakes{Barry x Reader}

{Barry x Reader}

"Felicity, I don't know if this is a good idea." I mumbled into my phone. "Ricky just broke up with me, like, six days ago. Don't you think this is moving to fast?"

Felicity chuckled on the other end, and I could imagine her pink lipstick slathered smirk. "No. You're not moving that fast," Felicity stated, "Besides, Ricky was a jerk, and this guy is not."

I stepped out of my car, still holding my cell to my ear. I pulled into some restaurant's parking lot, about to go on a blind date the night before Christmas Eve. All because my insane cousin, Felicity, was convinced it would be perfect, and that she knew the perfect guy. And now here I was - standing in the cold air, waiting for some guy I didn't know.

"Are you even going to tell me his name? Because I literally don't know anything about this guy." I sighed, shutting my car door with a thud.

"Oh, yeah, right," Felicity laughed, "His name is Barry Allen."

"Barry - like Bartholomew? You set me up with a guy named Bartholomew? How old is he?" I begged, leaning against my car door for a second. I knew a blind date was absolutely ridiculous.

"Twenty-six," Felicity answered, "Barry Allen is great, Y/N. I think you'll really like him. Everyone really likes him. He's like pudding."

I rolled my eyes at her words, hoping for everyone's sake that she was right. "How do you even know him? I thought I knew everyone you did in Central City," I frowned to myself. My feet stayed planted by my car, almost hiding behind it. Going on a blind date with a guy named Bartholomew the day before Christmas Eve just sounded like a disaster in itself.

"He's come to Star City before to help Oliver," Felicity explained vaguely.

"You mean Oliver and his night job?" I questioned. I used to live in Star City, years ago, back when the Arrow made his debut playing hero. After about a year of wondering why Felicity was always taking off and hanging out with Oliver Queen and his bodyguard, they finally let me in on their secret - that Oliver was a crazy superhero who killed people with bows and arrows, but was just really a simple guy who wanted to save his city. Yeah.

"Um, maybe. Maybe yes. Okay, definitely yes." Felicity finally answered.

I let out a loud sigh. "Licity, I love you and all, but I don't want to go on a blind date with a trained assassin or some guy who's-"

"Barry's a forensic scientist!" Felicity cut me off, speaking quickly. "He just ran some data analysis before for us, Y/N. Trust me, he is no trained assassin." My body relaxed at her words, even though they sounded fast paced and rehearsed. I was just glad to know I wasn't going to go on a date with some former League of Assassins member.