28. Sentimental Superhero [G.G.]

Sentimental Superhero
{Grant x Reader}

"Where do you think you're going?" I spun around, gripping Jett and Nora's leashes tighter in my hand. I let out a sigh of relief when I noticed it was just Grant standing in the front doorway, still wearing nothing but his sweatpants. His hair was a bedhead mess, and his glasses were resting on the bridge of his nose.

"You should be sleeping," I laughed, watching as Jett and Nora eagerly ran over to Grant. I walked over, letting them reach him.

"But I was all alone," Grant groaned, leaning down to pet his best friends. I smiled to myself, shaking my head.

"I was just trying to help out," I sighed, "You were out late shooting last night, and they wanted to go out."

Grant nodded, "That's sweet of you. But, I'd love to come."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, shrugging, "Fine. How fast can you get ready?"

Grant smirked, "Pretty fast. I'm not The Flash for nothing." I chuckled. I walked forward, and sat on the front step, letting the sunlight warm my skin. Jett and Nora sat by me, snuggling against my legs. I smiled down at them, wondering how in the world I got this lucky.

After a few minutes, the doop opened again, and Grant stepped outside.

"Good morning, again," Grant smiled, patting my head. I narrowed my eyes, fixing my hair as I stood up. He quickly pulled me into a hug, holding me tightly under the morning sun.

"Hey, there, superhero," I muttered back. I pulled away, his hands staying planted on my waist.

"Coffee?" He asked.

I looked into Grant's still sleepy eyes, nodding, "Yes, please."

He took one of the leashes, smiling one of his big, goofy grins. "Let's go then." Grant used his free hand to take mine, and led us down the sidewalk.

In this moment, with Grant by my side on this beautiful day, everything felt right in my life. I knew I was supposed to be here with him.

"So," I sighed, squeezing Grant's hand lightly, "How was shooting last night?"

Grant shrugged, walking forward slowly. "It was fun." He smiled to himself. "But I much rather would've been with you last night." He glanced over at me, pressing his lips to my cheek.

"It's alright," I laughed, "I had a lot of fun watching old Arrow episodes."

Grant let out a laugh, "Seriously?"

"Watching shows is one hundred times cooler when you're friends with the superheroes in them," I smiled, looking over at him.

"What about when you're dating a superhero in a show?" Grant asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

I bit my bottom lip, smiling into it. "You'll always be my Superman, Gustin." Even though he played the most popular speedster, I knew Superman would always be his favorite hero of all time.

He beamed happily, suddenly pecking a kiss to my lips. "You'll always be my Lois Lane."

I pouted, shaking my head. "What if I want to have super powers, though?"

Grant laughed and kissed the tip of my nose. "Fine, you'll always be my superhero. Weirdo."

"You're calling me the weirdo?" I begged, "You and your friends are always dressing up as superheroes." I teased him relentlessly, bumping into him lightly as we walked under the bright sun.

"I get paid to be a superhero," he chuckled, "I think it's great."

"Oh, please, I do, too," I promised.

"Well, that's good," Grant sighed, slowing his pace. I mimicked, until he had stopped completely. We stood on the sidewalk, the views of a beautiful harbor nearby. He smiled down at me as Jett and Nora sat down at our feet, relishing the break and the lazy sunlight on their fur.

"What's going on?" I asked, raising an eyebrow up at my boyfriend.

"I just got you a little something," Grant shrugged, reaching into his back pocket. He pulled out a little white box, and grinned down at me. I took it from his hands gently, cradling it in my own. "It's just something to show my appreciation for you." He let out a nervous, adorable laugh.

I popped open the box, my mouth curling into a smile immediately. A tiny silver necklace sat inside, with a pendant hanging from it. The Flash symbol.

"It's engraved," Grant whispered, as if he was afraid to break out silence.

I picked it up, feeling the cool metal between my fingers. I flipped it around, my eyes reading over the engravings.

you'll always be my superhero, y/n. i love you. - grant

I laughed lightly, looking back up at Grant, my vision dotting with happy, grateful tears. "Sentimental, sweet, and superhero related," I laughed quietly, "It's perfect. I love it. I love you."

Grant's face looked relieved as a smile broke out across his face, his green eyes glowing with pride. "I love you, Y/N." He leaned over, filling the gap between us. His soft lips met mine, our mouths quickly moving together. I'd found a real keeper with this one.

• • • • •

author's note | so this one was kinda short, but oh well, whatever. i finally put in jett and nora, though, so i hope you enjoyed :) if you liked this, i think you'd like my new fanfiction novel, Between, that's a barry allen story! so make sure to check that out.

also - OH BOY, the four way crossover is about to go down. i am SO pumped for that. and after that comes the supergirl/flash MUSICAL crossover. gah. this is going to be a good season of seasons, amiright? who else is excited for all of these super duper crossovers coming our way?

but lemme just say, grant gustin singing is just something magical. right? right. do yourself a favor and bless your ears by listening to some grant singing. thanks. wishing you all the best!