Chapter 31 (unedited)

Picture on the side is what I vision as a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake.

The Grammy’s was a couple of months ago. To say that it was interesting is an understatement. Marshall, the kids and I had sat around the television the entire time. Just waiting for Curtis and Myk to perform. When they finally did perform none of us were prepared for what went down after the song was over. Curtis dropped down to one knee and proposed on television.  Greatest moment of Myk’s life, well that’s what she told me when she called me afterwards. 

Thinking about that night brings Marshall to the forefront of my mind. Since that night he has been acting so strange. I think I know what his problem must be but I just cant do what he wants. I mean I know we have kids together but that doesn’t mean we have to get married. I am not old fashion by any means and I didn’t think he was either. Which has me confused. That’s the only thing my mind comes up with but dispels it at the same time. He’s not that type of person so what else can it be?

MARSHALL’S P.O.V.

Watching Fifty propose to Myk on the Grammy’s I couldn’t help but to be happy for them. Just couldn’t shake this feeling that Asia is hoping to be next. That’s what all girl want, right? Man, I really hope she’s not waiting for me to propose. I aint ready for something like that. Don’t know if I will ever be again. *sigh* That’s me always doing some backwards shit. Getting the girl pregnant then getting married, or not. 

Shaking my head I start the beat over again. I’m in the studio today listening to some beats Dre sent to me but I still haven’t made it past the first one. Suppose to be brainstorming lyric ideas, not for me, a new artist the label just signed. I cant concentrate cause my mind is on Asia. Like it has been this past year.  

“What up, Em?” The familiar voice pulls me from my thoughts. I look over to see Dre step into the studio. I stand to greet him in our usual manner. “Hey Dre, what you doing in Detroit?” He shrugged a little dramatically. “Could be coming to meet the newest additions. Since you don’t seem to bring them out of the house.” I smile a little. “Not ready for that. People are anxious to get a picture. Its best this way.” He nods in understanding. 

He was about to say something when Hailie walks in holding a fussing Lady. Instantly I put my hands out to take her. “Dad, she’s cranky. I fed her and changed her.” As soon as Lady’s in my arms she stops fussing. I cant help but smile. My head raises when I hear Dre laughing. I see that Hailie is scowling. “Sorry baby, she’s even more of a Daddy’s girl then you were.” “I’m done. Hey Uncle D.” With that greeting she’s out of the room.

Once his laughing is under control he asks “Where‘s the new mommy anyway?” I sigh heavily. “Business trip in Texas.”

ASIA’S P.O.V.

Pulling myself away from my thoughts I look down to check my watch. He’s late. I’m in Texas for the weekend on business with the magazine. So Charles, or Charlie as I call him, and I decided it was time for us to meet. About ten more minutes then I’m leaving. I have a mandatory meeting with the owner of the magazine in about thirty minutes. I cant wait in this restaurant all day. 

A hand on my shoulder causes me to jump in surprise. I look up into a face so like Susie’s. “You scared me. Charlie?” I question. He looks just like Susie. When he nods in confirmation I stand to give him a quick hug. “Sorry about being late. My class ran a little longer than it was suppose to. Any way, it’s great to finally meet you.” He smiles his thousand watt smile as he takes the seat directly across from me. 

Taking in his appearance I cant help but to notice that he is not wearing an everyday suit. It’s a high powered navy blue pin-stripped suit with a tucked in white button up and black loafers on his feet. At first glance one would think he is a lawyer. Very nice looking guy if I do say so myself.