Chapter 12 (unedited)

Dedicating this chapter LaceUpMGK...the chapter you have been waiting for...LOL!

Asia’s P.O.V.

Here I am at the grand opening for the school. Such a bitter sweet moment. GG thought to have a carnival. Great idea in my opinion. Strictly run by the staff. Giving parents and students alike to get to know them. The Art teacher is doing face painting. Mini master pieces on children’s faces as they run to booth, game or ride. 

I cant wait for Myk to see the school. GG really did a spectacular job with the building. With my very limited knowledge of architect, I have to say this place reminds me of a very modern Hogwarts. I know that must sound weird but it’s the only thing that comes to mind.

There are a few reporters covering the event. I have been very vigilant about keeping clear of them. Since I have returned I have been asked non stop about Myk. Our family business is just that, our business. Everyone else can just butt the hell out.

Its been almost two weeks since the house warming but it feels like a life time. I miss her so much. That laugh and smile. You really cant beat that caring nature of hers, well unless you piss her off that is. 

“Hey Asia! Press needs a picture of us.” I stop in my tracks. Great, that’s just great. All my efforts are down the drain with one phrase. I turned around to face GG. I sighed dramatically as I walked over to her. “Come on it wont be that bad. I thought you like having your picture taken.” I looked over to her. “No sleep equals, not photogenic. Really it’s the questions not so much the pictures.” She mouthed an 'OH' as we came into view of the cameras. 

I plastered on a smile. “Well here she is. Found her trying to get her face painted.” They chuckled. “Well I wanted to be a blue butterfly to.” For the next five minutes numerous of pictures were taken. GG and I posed together or apart. Then the questions started. “So Georgia-” GG shook her head stopping the reporter effectively. “GG please.” “Okay well GG. What gave you the inspiration to open your own private school for kids at the daycare age?” GG went into the whole spill about her life. How her mother wanted so much more for her and her two brothers. 

So far I have just been so happy that I didn’t get any questions. Especially about Myk. “So Asia. I understand that you are related to Mykaela Washington.” Thought to soon. I nodded in answer. “How is she? Is she really dating Fifty Cent? What can you tell us-” I raised my hand to stop his diarrhea of questions. “I’m just going to say this and I am not answering anymore questions about her. We expect for her to make a full recovery. No she is not currently dating him. Since I cant see the future I say current. That is all the information I am willing to share. Now if you will excuse me I still want the blue butterfly.”  I walked away from the conversation. Vultures!

I didn’t go in search of the face paining instead I texted GG that I left. She understood and thanked me for coming. On the way home I popped in my One Republic CD and let Counting Stars replay the entire ride home. I sung at the tops of my lungs. Every time I talk about Myk the tears come. Followed by the images. First Susie then Myk. Sometimes the both of them.

When I reached home I could tell no one was home. Lenny most likely is still at work. When I stepped in I could hear the television in the living room on. I locked the inner door and head in that direction. My first instinct was to yell out ‘Hello’. I have seen one to many horror films to do that. I peeked around the corner to see the last person I expected but the first person I wanted to see. He looked like he was deep in thought. I stepped closer to him. I don’t think he has registered that I am in the room. 

“Hey.” I whispered. Any louder and I wouldn’t been able to hold the tears back. They were already swimming in my eyes. He looks up at me. He was off that couch in the blink of an eye. His arms caged me in against his chest. Felt like he would never let me go. Which I didn’t mind at all. I snaked my arms around his torso as the tears started to fall. He kept whispering encouraging words into my ear. Helping me to calm down quickly.