Chapter 25 (unedited)

ASIA'S P.O.V.

I've been here exactly two days and still have yet to give the girls their gifts. Yeah I know I'm such a chicken but tomorrow's Christmas/Hailie's Birthday so I can give it to them then. Honestly I haven't even been in the same room alone with any of them yet. This whole situation just makes me so nervous. I'm not really sure that the girls like me. I know they have accepted the fact that I'm having Marshall's babies but I don't know that they like me as a person.

Its morning time in the Mathers' house and currently all is quite. Well except for me in the bathroom at this moment throwing up nothing. That's right the morning sickness has not gone any where. Why do they call it morning sickness any way? I have gotten sick at different parts of the day, not just morning.

After prying to the porcelain god I get up off my knees. Which let me tell you is no easy task being pregnant. I know what you're wondering, where's Marshall? Well I thought it would be a good idea if I slept in a different room. Which is why he wasn't here for support. I go ahead with my morning routine, putting on a long red maxi dress. I grab my prenatal vitamins before heading downstairs.

Approaching the kitchen I can hear three familiar voices. Shit! I thought teenagers are suppose to sleep late. What the hell are they doing up? Well Asia its now or never. I kept reassuring myself that I will be fine. Just conversation. I'm good at that, right?

When I step into the kitchen the talking ceases and their eyes are on me. Lanie, Hailie and Whitney are all sitting at the breakfast bar deep into cereal. "Morning guys." I speak up as I head over to the refrigerator to get water. They all murmur good morning to me. I can feel their eyes on me as I pop out the pills and take the two capsules. "You're taking medicine. Are you sick?" Whitney asked with so much innocence. Once I swallowed I smile at her and answer. "They're vitamins I have to take for the babies." She smiles at the mention of the babies. "You're excited about being a big sister huh?" Her little head bobs rapidly in answer.

I look over to Lanie and Hailie, both are watching me curiously. "You guys don't really like me, do you?" For a moment they are silent making dread seep into my body. What the hell kind of relationship will we have if they don't like me? "Its not that we don't like you. We are just really cautious with our Dad. We just need to get to know you a little better, I guess." Hailie is one determined young lady. She kept eye contact the whole time.

"Well is there anything you guys want to know. That your Dad hasn't already told you?" Hailie and Lanie both look at each other then back to me. "Well..." Lanie started. "We have been wondering what you do for a living." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to detect the double meaning in that. "Editor of a magazine." Hailie immediate sat up straighter. "Wait are you the same Asia that Dad asked us to email" I nod in answer. 'oh' Lanie mouthed. Whitney decided to speak up again. "So have you thought about baby names?"

A frown takes over my entire face. I haven't even thought about names what so ever. Isn't that something I was suppose to do the moment I found out I was pregnant. Even after I got confirmation that I am having boys naming them never crossed my mind. Here I am mid way through my second trimester and I don't even think about names? What kind of mother doesn't think about something like this. Am I that busy? I can feel the hysteria coming at me full force.

A hand on my cheek pulls me out of my thoughts. My eyes focus on Marshall's concerned face. Then I let them travel to the girls standing in the background. Marshall's hand pulls my face back to him. "Are you okay? What happened? Is it the babies? Asia answer me." I blink a couple of times trying to focus on Marshall. "Sorry." I whisper. "Didn't mean to startle anyone. I was just thinking I didn't me to space out."

The concern on his face doesn't waver. Then I realized that his hands are wiping tears from my cheeks. When the hell did I start crying? What the hell Asia check your emotions girl. I take a deep breath to steady my voice. "I'm sorry guys." I look over to the girls. "Pregnancy makes my emotions go hyper. I think I just need sit down and rest." They laughed as I rolled my eyes at the end. Marshall seemed to like their reaction.