La Partenza

Nicomaine took liberty to travel early.  She already handed her previous car to Dean for him to use today. And she used her new one... A yellow mirage... The latest... However she have the backseat customer made for her guitar so it took two weeks before she can get drive it... She took her car for a test drive and she has been in the highway for almost two hours now... From Bulacan enroute to her unit but she did drive on every familiar road she knows before heading straight to her condo... The drive calms her mind and she is so ready to face the week again... The car secured and safe now that the security has already have it registered on her name for their reference... Mandatory that if there will be a new car or replacement car, it should supposed to be reported to the building administrator for tenants security... She came to her unit at 7am and her class will be at 2pm... One and only sked for today... She then decided to practice the new songs she heard last night and is currently absorbed to it when her phone beeps...

"Good morning, Dei! Rise and shine!" - Richard

"Good morning to you, too! And I am already up... And has been on the road for two hours...!" - Dei

"What? You travel already??! Anong oras ka umalis sa Bulacan?"

"Before 5am, need to do test drive... So I have been on the road for two hours... And I am at my condo na... Mga thirty minutes na!"

"Ganun ba? Late na pala akong nagising...!"

"Hindi ka late nagising, tama lang oras ng paggising mo... Maaga for a guy like you... Sobrang excited lang ako for a test drive... Anyways, do your thing first... Breakfast and all... Good morning ulit!"

"OK... Ikaw din kumain na? Or did you already had your breakfast somewhere?"

"Yap. McDonald's... Drive thru...!"

"What is your class today?"

"Afternoon... Two pm... Kayo ni Jerald?"

"We have 10am this morning, two hours and we have same at 2pm later...!"

"Ok... Now do prepare yourself to school see you when I see you!"

"Okay... See you later! That's definite...!"

Maine did not reply on that. And truth be told, she is getting anxious in seeing him again. She was really surprised when he came to their house yesterday, added to the fact that he faced his family with calmness and sincerity.  She was surprised that he is game when her siblings put their "game" on.  She really thought that he will sweat his way out of their interrogation but his siblings says he nailed it. She was kinda antsy when she was left at the kitchen yesterday doing the dishes.  Bit as she entered the den again, he saw his composure did not even falter as if he was not put into a test.  She was impressed on how he stood up before the Mendoza patriarch and matriarch... He was able to even win their smile.  She really just wish that he is really okay. And if not she will at least made amends. But how?