Parlare

Valeen decided to go to Dei, upon hearing Richard's point of view... She was happy that Richard now has an idea of how vulnerable Dei is... Withing minutes, she was able to see Dei on the shore... She saw tears in her eyes and a resigned feelings written on her face... She can tell that Dei was confused right now...
"Dei, care to talk?" Valeen started saying then sit down beside Dei...
"Val, I am lost...!" Dei started then cry again...
"What do you mean? Care to explain?" Valeen coaxing her...
"Val, I am doomed... I never meant to have this feeling... I never meant to hurt him but it happened and I don't know the way out...!" Dei explained...
"Why do you think your doomed and how can you say that you hurt him?" Valeen asked...
"I never meant to have this nuisance feelings for him... I should have stayed away... I should not be feeling this way...!" Dei is still crying...
"Dei, you are not making any sense! Start all over again and tell it slowly this time...!" Valeen coaxed her again...
"Val, why do I have this feelings for him? I never expected this... I am way out of his league, I should not have this feeling towards him... I don't want to be hurt again... But... But...!" Dei said...
"But you are starting to like him, right?" Valeen wanted to get this off her to proceed.
"Yes, and I am afraid... He said he wants to court me, but how can that be? I am not even beautiful to look at...!" Dei said...
"Dei, up until now ba you are still doubting yourself? Then why are you sporting Nicomaine if you are not prepared yet?" Valeen asked her.
"I don't know, maybe because of the place, or maybe because I am getting tired of being Dei?" Dei said...
"Or Nicomaine is trying to check if she could have a chance with Richard?" Valeen asked her and she was met by fearful, confused eyes...
"Dei, it is me, Valeen... Don't hide anything from me... I want you to be honest with me... Do you like Richard?" Valeen asked...
"Maybe... Oh my God... Yes...!" Dei suddenly blurted out as Valeen glared at her and Dei began to sob... Valeen let her cry...
"I don't know how did that happen when I am not even trying to be friends with him in the first place... I don't know when I felt being insecure of the girls around him... I don't know when did I crave for his smile and eyes on me... Valeen, I am doomed and I can't help it... He even got me more confused when he said he wanted to court me? What the hell was that? How could that happen? How can just a hottie fall for a nerd, insecure, ugly girl... Absurd right?" Dei said still crying...
"But Dei, may I ask? What's the difference with Dei and Nicomaine? Why prefer being Dei?" Valeen asked her... Wanting to prove her point...
"Dei is my invisibility cloak! My fortress that no one can see... I can still be Nicomaine without having the pressure to look good, to think good all the time... With Nicomaine, she has been the stellar ever since because she needed to, to get attention, to be known... She is a Mendoza after all so she need to be the best, if ever, be the best among the best.  Nicomaine is an insecure overachiever, attention seeker, stupid intelligent person. While on the other hand, Dei is the insecure, attention seeker, stupid intelligent person...!" Dei said...
"So its the same person right, you thought you are doing yourself a favor but instead you are ruining our ball-of-sunshine Nicomaine over the dull-nerd Dei? You are of the same person Nicomaine Dei... That's both your name... You are trying to escape but not escaping at all... You will just remain the same person regardless of...!" Valeen said...
"But still its easy being Dei...!" Dei said...
"Is it easy for you now?" Valeen asked..." No, right because you are still confronting the same ghost regardless of you being Nicomaine or Dei... You need to accept the fact that you are you... You need to accept this to be healed and you need someone who believe in you...!" Valeen said...
"But...!" Dei about to protest...
"Dei, been years of that incident and yet you are the one that has not moved on yet... Some of them are laughing it off already but you, you were stuck on it as if it just happened yesterday... You know that there are guys who wanted to be with you but you always passed them to me... And you do that Richard as well... But apparently this one did not bite on to your trap... Instead he wants to know you better and that's why you are afraid of him and tried to run...!" Valeen said...
"But I don't want to be hurt again...!" Dei said.
"Dei, let me make this clear to you... You are not the only one who was hurt by "that".  I myself because you shut us out... Because you ruin yourself to what? To some pesky " friends" who are too insecure of you? Your family, especially Nico, your trysted buddy because of that so called "heartbreak"? Nicomaine, you are not ruined because of that incident... You yourself ruined our Nicomaine Dei Capili Mendoza... No other than you...!" Valeen told her while staring at her eyes now... And there she saw her realization and hugged her...
"I am sorry! I am sorry!" Dei said... Tears kept falling... They stayed there until an hour or a bit longer than that... She heard it when Dei stopped crying, when she breathe peacefully, and she fell asleep... And she just let her, she is tired and she needed that peaceful rest... She let her... And that's how the boys found them...
"Valeen, what happened to her?" Richard immediately asked her upon seeing Maine slumped on her shoulders while Valeen is supporting her...
"She slept, she got tired from everything we have talked about... She needed that...!" Valeen said to him...
"But that's uncomfortable for you and her...!" Richard told her, worry on his face...
"Get her then... Just be careful with her... Let her sleep... She badly needed it...!" Valeen said...
"Thank you!" Richard said when he carefully laid Dei on her arms with Herald's help...
He saw her dried tears and puffy eyes and he himself wanted to cry because she saw how hurt she was... And he is hoping and praying that she will be alright when she woke up...

They gave decided Richard to stay at Dei's room but he will be sleeping either on the floor or the couch. Richard, swear to his mother's grave that no harm will come upon Maine.  As she laid Dei on her bed... She grabbed Richard's arm and hugged it... She don't want to let go and Richard don't want to disturb her sleep and he decided to lay beside her...
"I promise that I will wait for you until you are ready... You are my end game, Nicomaine and I will be at rainbow's end when you are ready... I love you! I really do!" Before drifting to sleep...
Unknown to him, Dei is awake and heard those utter words... Overwhelmed but she felt like smiling at that thought... And that time she decided... And she hope for the best with that decision... Closing her eyes and drifted to sleep, a blaze of light trail, lightens the sky as if sealing magical moment...