Dei

Dei, as she believes herself, is a plain-looking college graduating student. She is currently on her last year of Culinary Arts. She does top her batch every year though. She is the Editor-in-Chief of their school papers although under a pen name... Yes, a pen name... Until now, no one knows who really is the real Editor-in-Chief of the school... Students and teachers thought all that the current one who reports is the "real" one... No one knows that the articles are being submitted to Dei by the current school editor for editing...
"Dei, malapit na yung deadline ng newspaper, eto yung mga contributions ngayon... Do you have time?" "Sus, leave it na, day after tomorrow you could get it na!" Dei said...
"Bakit kasi ayaw mo pang sabihin sa lahat na ikaw Ang totoong editor-in-chief dito e! At least you could get credits on putting this damn papers?" Valeen said...
"Val, I told you, ayaw ko! Gusto ko yung ganitong setup at least I get to put into words my ideas ng wala bumabatikos o nagtataray sa mga opinyon ko! Kasi sila takot sila sa iyo! Hehehe...!" Maine said..
"Pero sayang ang pagod mo! Imagine ikaw naman talaga lahat ng ito Pero even your initials can't be put on to this damn papers?!! And I get all the privileges of being the " editor-in-chief" Valeen said. "I told you Val, I don't want to be on the limelight though I really want to right!"
"OK, I will not force you anymore! But please do tell me if you want to claim it before this school year end and before we graduate, at least you will still be able to get the privileges!"
And she just nodded her head to finish the conversation...
"By the way, I just want to tell you that DCM03 will be contributing again on the papers... And here it is... Can you check if its OK?"

 Can you check if its OK?"

Solace

In the deep I found peace
Battle raging from side to side quited...
In the deep, I found my solace,
Frenzy thoughts have muted...

In the deep, let me rest a while,
Retrace my steps, to re-align,
People still are good, naturally
To understand, to block my rage...

In the deep, let me be cradled,
Thoughts of you, of us and the world...
In the deep, let me reminisce,
The way you hold me, kiss me, loved me...

Alone in this deep, I found you,
Every lingering memory touches you...
My heart flutter every remembrance of you,
Let me be alone, to think of you... In the deep...
Dcm03
(Note: This is an original poem written by yours truly... Got inspired with the picture of Bibi girl)
(PPS... for picture ctto to @mainedcm

"Oh my God! Dei, is this you? My god, you have a gorgeous body! You are one hot chick, babe!" Valeen exclaimed...
"Shhhh... Wag ka maingay! Oo ako yan, remember last week nung sabi ko sa iyo out of town ang family... Ito yun...!"
"O, shit Maine! Seriously, you have a body that everyone will stare at... A body that could be envied by every girl in town!"
"But cannot rival with yours, hahahaha... You are much more sexier!"
"No! That's not true... Anyways, it will be the talk of the campus once this out! Make sure it will posted included in the papers...!"
"But will it be permitted by the school?"
"No, it was done tastefully and its does not connote any sexual intent, much more of innocence...!"
"Valeen, once this one is approved please do not tell anyone that this is me... Promise me?"
"But girl, this is you and you are sexy as hell... Why would you want to remain unknown?"
"Girl, I told you I don't want to be a frontliner, just want to be the brain...! So better promise! Maine said with conviction...
"OK, I promise! Bit in case it was dug out, I mean of you this picture is, I will not come from me!"
"OK, I trust you! No leaks, no insinuation in public, no info leaks, no nothing!"
"OK... I promise!"

As per Valeen's promise, the committee allowed the said article as this was artfully done. And just as Valeen suspected, the teachers got involved in asking who that pretty lady was... The lady who braved the sea on that photo! And if the teachers are trying to find out who that lady was, the students are dying to find out who was that! Some says it came from a magazine, some says it was edited... Some says, its Valeen but they believed her when she did she is not the lady and asked them why would she hide if she is really the lady...
As for Maine, she was informed of her article beforehand, but she never love talking to people... They exchange of pleasantries but it took time before she warms up with people...

Valeen, ever since wanted to make Maine realize that she really is a wonderful girl... The first time they met, was at the canteen and she is looking for a table... She was her classmate but Maine chose to sit at the back... She wondered why back then and after the canteen incident she understood Maine's behavior... And from then on, she promised to herself that they will be friends for life... And as her friend, she wanted to make this last year worthy of a bang for her!