EPILOGUE: FOREVER AND EVER, AND THAT WHICH FOLLOWED

Hermione pouted and tried to ease the ring off her finger once more, but the thing wouldn't budge, almost clinging to her skin like it didn't want to let go. She sighed and glanced over at Draco, who was lying next to her on the grassy hill, his eyes closed, a small, relaxed smile on his face.

It had been a month since everything had happened, and things had started to calm down now. Of course, upon seeing either of them in the streets, people would go crazy and hassle them, so they tended to apparate to their little hill in Scotland to get away from it all. It had become their place and they often spent hours, just lying next to each other, staring at the clouds and talking.

He'd asked her about finding her parents, her adopted parents again, but she didn't want to look for them. This world wasn't one where they belonged, and though the crisis with the murders were over, she couldn't guarantee their safety if something alike happened again. She had no ill feeling towards them, but her heart was still wounded and they just weren't a part of her life any longer.

Draco seemed to understand and had let to topic go. He was perceptive about things like that, he knew when to question things and when not to, and it was one of the many things she loved about him.

Hermione rolled to her side so that she was looking at him directly and narrowed her eyes, wondering how to approach this subject without making it weird. But no matter how many ways she tried to word it in her head it always sounded weird. Plus, subtly wasn't her strong point, and matters like this had to be handled with subtly, right?

"Draco?" she began, before trailing off when he opened one eye to look at her in question.

"Is it time to go home already?" he asked, yawning and rolling to his side so that he was face to face with her, leaning his head on his hand as he waited for her reply. His grey eyes were a lot less stormy now, brighter too, and deep enough that I she stared into them long enough, she felt like she was falling into their depths.

Hermione licked her lips, his eyes followed the movement in interest, wondering if this time, she would be able to say it out loud.

"Well, I was thinking...um...seeing as how..." she trailed off once more.

Damn it, why was it so hard to word this properly?

Draco narrowed his eyes as she flushed slightly red, before sighing. It looked like he had to be the one to say it after all, it was too bad, he'd been looking forward to hearing it from her.

"Granger, wanna get married?"

.*.

"Well then...what if he doesn't show up?" Hermione asked Ginny, biting her bottom lip worriedly.

Ginny sighed for the hundredth time that day, wondering if this was what she'd been like back then too. All the drama and overthinking, and with Hermione, it seemed to be twice as bad too. The girl had an overactive imagination.

"What if he gets kidnapped, or he gets lost? What if he changed his mind and realised that I'm far too crazy for him to handle?" she gaped in horror, "what if he fell in love with a catering lady and ran away with her to France? What if-"

"For Merlin's sake, Hermione. Shut up and sit still! If you don't stop moving around so much, I swear I'm going to hex you to next Tuesday, and then you'll be the one who didn't turn up!" Ginny roared, grabbing a safety pin and holding it up threateningly.

Hermione froze in place, pouting once more as she took small sip of water in hopes that it would calm her down. But her mind continued to race with a thousand different scenarios where things could go wrong...mostly which involved him changing his mind. That was stupid of course, this had been is idea in the first place!