CHAPTER 19: MUGGLE THINGS AND HOW AMUSING THEY ARE

Hermione tugged Draco up to the front desk and smiled sweetly at the man behind the table, flicking her hair back and leaning on the table with her elbows. "Good morning ma'am, sir, how can I be of assistance today?" The man behind the desk asked, smiling at her. His attention was focused on her, more so than Draco.

Normally, that would have bothered Draco, but he as far too occupied trying to figure out how the place worked to see anything. There were a couple of muggles around the lobby, dragging around huge bundles of suitcases in red uniforms. He watched them do all that by themselves, whereas usually it would have been done with magic, wondering how they didn't get tired already.

Hermione smiled, "well, we just got married, and I wanted to honeymoon in Australia, so my hubby said okay!" she flashed her stupid cursed ring at the man who nodded kindly, "so my hubby and I would like to book your best honeymoon suite and preferably not to be disturbed except for room service." She twirled a strand of hair around her fingers, smiling shyly.

Draco noticed that and dragged his eyes away from the muggles to stand next her protectively, not liking the look the muggle man was giving his wife. The man scowled at Draco and ignored him once more. "Congratulations on your wedding, ma'am. Our best honeymoon suite just so happens to be vacant! How would you like to pay for your stay?"

"Credit card please," she replied, handing over the rectangular card to the man who accepted it graciously.

Draco watched the transaction in confusion, not understanding what had just happened. He looked at the square thing on the desk intriguingly, he knew that the big box like thing and the flat screen thing was something called a box computing thing, that was used to store information and search up information, but nothing else was familiar.

Draco watched fascinated as the rectangular board was put into a bigger rectangular thing. He watched with his eyes wide open as Hermione pressed buttons on one of the rectangular things and then took the board back.

"All right then, I've arranged for a three-day stay in the Midnight Honeymoon Suite, would you like help with your luggage? No? Okay then, please make your way to the eight floor, and here is your key pass. Please enjoy your stay!" the man smiled, inclining his head in respect and passing her another board like rectangular thing.

Hermione grabbed Draco's hand once more and headed to the elevator. "Don't you have to pay for our stay?" he asked, wondering how muggle elevators worked and if they were anything like the ones in the ministry.

Hermione frowned at him before reminding herself that he wasn't familiar with muggle things and allowed herself to grin, "I did pay. This is a credit card, and it contains all my money, when I inserted the card and entered my pin, the machine reduced the required money from my account and put it into the hotel's account."

The elevator dinged and the door opened, they headed inside as Draco digested that news. "You know Granger, that's kind of genius. How come we don't have that at Gringott's? It would make things so much easier if we didn't have to carry all our money around in our pockets when we want to buy stuff!" he grinned, grabbing the card off her and poking at it.

She rolled her eyes and took it back, throwing it into her bag. Draco heard it bounce of something metallic and the undeniable sound of someone groaning and wondered what the hell she had in that bag of hers. And if he honestly wanted to know...it was Hermione Granger after all.

Hermione pressed the button for the eight floor, watching from her peripheral vision as Draco's eyes narrowed as the lift began to slowly go up, until the crazy ones at the ministry.