CHAPTER 14: AN INNOCENT BRASS BUTTON FROM HELL

CHAPTER 15: AN INNOCENT BRASS BUTTON FROM HELL

An owl screeched in warning as it flew in through an open window high above them, dropping off the daily newspaper before circling around and flying away, screeching again before it did so. The paper landed in between them and Hermione snatched it to her side before he could even react.

Her eyes scanned over the page wearily and though she seemed displeased with whatever it was that she read, she didn't attempt to run away or scream at him or threaten to kill him. Draco concluded that it wasn't that bad of a news at the very least. She finished reading it and threw it at him before taking her plate and his, back to the kitchen. After a few moments of silence and no smashing plates from within the kitchen, Draco grabbed another piece of bacon and read the front page.

'DRACO MALFOY IS HIDING SECRETS? By Rita Skeeter

The Ministry's visit to Malfoy Manor yesterday, gave no contribution to the whereabouts of infamous Hermione Granger or the death of Ronald Weasely. When enquired about the matter concerning Mr Draco Malfoy and Mr Blaise Zabini's possible involvement in the two case, an Auror answered that though the Zabini manor proved no evidence, due to the state of the Malfoy Manor, no conclusion was found.

Upon arrival, it was stated that Malfoy Manor was a mess and the means of finding anything close to impossible as if there had been a brutal battle going on, however, Draco Malfoy did not offer any answers for the questions and only demanded that everyone leave his premises immediately. It was also indicated that Mr. Malfoy looked quite distraught and angry, as though he'd lost something very important.

Later yesterday, this reporter was lucky enough to find herself in the same bar as Mr. Malfoy. He was at the Leaky Cauldron yesterday, around nine in the evening, looking quite angry at the attention that this case seems to have placed on him. Upon arrival, he seated himself near a young woman who accidently spilled her drink on him.

After a severe telling off for her behaviour and insisting that she pay for his ruined clothes, Mr Malfoy then proceeded to apparate away with the girl before the Aurors posted outside could intervene. The poor woman hasn't been seen ever since, and it was rumoured she left the country as soon as he released her after making her pay the fees.

It appears as though Draco Malfoy, known for his contribution to the world after the battle of Hogwarts, seems to be hiding something important. His distraught behaviour may be caused by the loss of his fiancé almost two years ago the revitalization of the questioning about Hermione Granger may have rekindled those thoughts of loss. However, sources state that he has moved on quite easily and was even seen attending a ball with a beautiful woman with him only two days ago!

What is going on!? Is there more to this story than meets the eye? Does he indeed have nothing to do with Hermione Granger or is there hidden secrets behind the doors of Malfoy Manor?

I will be visiting the Manor later today to pick up all the juicy gossip. Yes, I will do all this, just for you, so stay tuned!

Rita Skeeter'

The house was silent, no noise coming from the kitchen, like Hermione wasn't even in there anymore or she'd cast a silencing charm on the place. Draco threw the newspaper towards the fireplace, fully intend on burning it piece by piece later and enjoying it thoroughly.

Making his way to the kitchen, he mentally prepared himself or the worst and eased open the door, only to find it completely filled with bubbles.

That brought him up short and he stood awkwardly at the doorway watching as colourful bubbles floated around the room, bouncing off the ceiling and appliances in the room, filling the room with the sweet smell of lemons and lime.