CHAPTER 11: RITA SKEETER IS A BITCH

Hermione frowned, wondering what was wrong with Draco, who, after arriving back at the Manor with her half an hour ago, had sat opposite her and done nothing else. Just staring at her, his eyes narrowed like she'd done something wrong against him.

"Draco what's wrong?" she finally asked, getting impatient. He scowled, shaking his head to himself like he'd been in deep thought.

"Granger, change back." He stated.

She notched her head to her right in confusion. "Change back? What are you talking about?"

Draco stood up suddenly and began pacing back and forth between them, his face turned away from her "change back to yourself. To Granger. Go back to Granger." It took her a second to realise what he was talking about and she smiled to herself. She still had her black hair and blue eyes disguise on. Was that why he was so tense?

She changed herself back quickly, watching herself as the black hair turned brown, her tanned skin going back to the paleness that she'd acquired from two years of hiding out. Apparently, that was the problem, since the moment her appearance returned to normal, he relaxed and sat back down.

"Okay, now, what was Blaise talking to you about? He was with you for like five hours, and all he did was smirk at me the whole time."

"Five hours? We were at the party for like an hour at the most. All I did was walk around with you for like half an hour introducing myself to people I already know and pretend I didn't know anything about them, and dance the other half. Plus, it's not Blaise I was bothered by, it was the other guy, Miles."

Draco froze, "Miles? What Miles? Who the hell is Miles?"

Hermione frowned, running a hand through her hair to get rid of the tangles. "Miles Bletchley? Don't you remember him? He used to be a Keeper for the Quidditch team, he must have been in his second or third year when you joined as Seeker."

Draco stood up suddenly and shook his head, "Miles Bletchley? Granger, what the hell are you talking about? Miles Bletchley died in the war."

Hermione frowned and then let out a heavy sigh, her fingers playing with the longer strands of her hair, "dead, huh? I thought it was weird that he was so insistent on what I knew about Hermione Granger."

Draco gaped at her, wondering if she'd finally lost it, "why are you not as bothered by this as I am, Granger? That could have been the-"

Hermione held up a hand to stop him and nodded bitterly, "I'm aware that he could have been the murderer, however, the fact that he questioned me about me, means that he doesn't know where I am either. He thinks that I have some sort of connection to you, but that's all he knows."

Draco gawked at her unruffled words, "how are you so calm about this?"

She snorted, "because there is no point in getting angry over something like this. What use is it cry over spilt milk or worrying about the possibility of what can happen tomorrow? Besides, the fact that he dressed up as Miles Bletchley means that he can't show his face to the general public either, or he wouldn't have showed up or would have used another face. Furthermore, the fact that the real Miles Bletchley is dead means that whoever it really was, was using an illusion charm too, so they're really good charms magic too. This all indicates that he, whoever he is, is also someone who can't be seen in public because he is either wanted or easily recognisable, right?"

She glanced at him, expecting to see him nod in agreement, but Draco was just shaking his head at her, rubbing his forehead like he had a headache. "Granger, I have no idea what you just said, but if you're not going to be worried about it, then why the hell should I be?"