Unit 5: Guilds and Relations

Start from the beginning

"Cool. Are they nice?"

"The first one is a girl named Zoelle. We had a bad meeting and Rogue told me to stay away from her, but I'm not sure about her yet. The other one is a guy named Lite. So far, I know he's calm, but competitive."

The people were silent. Then they bursted out laughing. "Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!"

"Ahaha! So the Big Z is back, eh?"

"Lite too! That's a surprise!"

"No kidding!"

"Well, they did come on Emboli!"

I thought for a second. "Who exactly is Emboli?"

"The motorcycle! It's an anagram for 'mobile'!"

I finally understood after rearranging the letters in my head.

Wait...

"You guys know Zoelle and Lite?!"

"Yup! Rivals. Zoelle's stepfather is in charge of her guild, 'Sphal's Origin'."

"Lite is Zoelle's matching Morphix, but he doesn't care about the whole competition-thing. He and Rogue are friends in a way. That motorcycle belongs to him. Rogue often takes it, but he just peacefully comes over to take it back."

"Yup." We turn to see Lite walking over to his bike.

One of the men raises his beer into the air. "Hey, kid! You're back!"

"Yeah, but can you tell her to at least ask? I'm lazy enough, but going from town to here just wastes all my energy." He looks at me, but scrunches his eyebrows together as if he's thinking really hard. Finally, he pounds his fist into his other hand in realization. "Alloon!"

"It's Amus."

"...Huh? Really?"

"How is 'Alloon' anything close to Amus?!"

He looked down blankly. "Whatever."

"We're good for now. No one came here today, huh," said Rogue as she walked into the room, looking at paperwork. She looked up and smiled at Lite. "It took you long enough."

"Hey, can you not?"

"Aww...but I already named it!"

"You named it two years ago."

I watched them spout out comments jokingly. They seem like they've known each other for a long time. They're pretty friendly with one another. Maybe they're going out...

"No. We're just friends," said Rogue.

"I keep forgetting that you can read my mind."

Lite came over. "You two should practice your singular telepathy."

I looked at him oddly. "Practice?"

"Yeah... you can practice not sending telepathic messages when you don't want to."

"Hmm... that's handy."

"Aw..." Rogue pouted. "That's no fun."

"Hey," said one of the guys. "I know a fellow that can help you with that. He's a great teacher."

Rogue and I faced each other and back to the man. "Alright."

"He's further down the road. You best be going now. The building looks abandoned, so you'll know which one it is."

Lite put on a helmet. "I'm gonna leave now." He walked away and pulled his motorcycle out of the bar, giving us a slight wave. "See you guys at school tomorrow."