Aqua

The Originals thought they had seen it all, but boy were they wrong.

"This is an actual mermaid?!?" Rebekah said in disbelief as she looked down at the sleeping mermaid. Klaus and Elijah also were surprised. "I've never heard of such a thing." Elijah said as he crouched down to inspect her more. The Mermaid opened her eyes and when she saw Elijah she jumped up and tried to scoot away, but she was surrounded.

"She's scared." Klaus said as she took off his jacket and held it out to the mermaid who looked afraid to touch it. "It's alright love...I won't hurt you." Klaus said and crouched down to her level. The mermaid grabbed the jacket and brought it to her nose and inhaled the scent. " We can't leave her here." Rebekah said as she looked at the mermaid's beauty and smiled. Klaus nodded and reached out to grab the mermaid, but she flinched causing Klaus to pull back. "Great she's afraid." the mermaid looked at Rebekah who smiled and smiled back. The Mermaid looked at Klaus once again and slowly reached her arms out for Klaus who did the same and picked her up. Her tail moved a bit and she relaxed.

><><><><

"FREYA!"

The mermaid flinched and Klaus set her down by the fountain. The mermaid looked around at her surroundings and noticed a cup on a table full of red liquid. She tilted her head and reached out for the cup, but diverted her attention to Klaus who entered the room with his older sister Freya. Freya looked at the mermaid and nodded, "Yes I see her." Freya walked closer and the mermaid looked uncomfortable and looked at Klaus, "She won't hurt you." Freya nodded in agreement and the mermaid smiled.

"What's your name?" The Mermaid opened her mouth and then closed it and pointed to her throat, "You can't talk?" Freya asked and the mermaid nodded and pointed to the necklace around Freya's neck.

"My necklace? What about it?" The mermaid pointed at it and stared at it, "Is it the shape? She shook her head, "The color?" She nodded and kept pointing at it. Freya and Klaus started blue words and she kept shaking her head.

"Sapphire?" Sapphire nodded and clapped her hands when Freya said her name. The siblings looked at each other and then back at Sapphire. Sapphire suddenly felt very weird, she put a hand on her chest as she felt her air run out. Freya looked down at Sapphire's tail and noticed that it was dry. "Klaus , She needs water!" Sapphire looked at Freya in alarm as Klaus swept her up and sped her to the nearest bathroom and out her in the tub. When the water turned on, Sapphire brought her tail up to her chest and squeezed her eyes shut. When she felt the water touch her fin, she whimpered. Klaus heard her whimper and looked down at her, "Are you afraid?" Klaus asked and she nodded. He frowned and looked to his older sister who was just as confused.

><><><><><><

Klaus had brought Sapphire up to his room with a wet towel around her tail. He set her down just as Freya walked in with Rebekah, Elijah, and Hayley. "Oh you were right." Hayley said as she looked at Sapphire. Sapphire squinted her eyes at Hayley making the female hybrid uncomfortable. Freya on the other hand had a bracelet  in her hand.

"I found a spell deep in this book and it going to give Sapphire legs." Freya said as she held out the bracelet to Klaus who grabbed it and he put it on Sapphire's wrist. Nothing happened for a few seconds then Sapphire's fins turned to feet and her tail followed leaving long legs around her waist was a ripped gold skirt. Klaus grabbed her by her hands and helped her up. Sapphire wobbled a bit and she Klaus made sure she wouldn't fall. "Easy, love." He said and Sapphire looked at him and smiled. "Well then lets get you some clothes." Rebekah said and she helped the wobbly mermaid to her room.

Rebekah let Sapphire pick out anything she wanted to wear. Sapphire looked around and picked out three pieces of clothing and put them on. "Perfect, but you need shoes." Rebekah said and she looked over her shoes until she found a pair. "I never really wore these so you can have them. "Sapphire smiled and put on the shoes. The height she felt was weird and new. Rebekah helped Sapphire walk in the shoes until the mermaid got her balance in control.

><><><

Sapphire walked into the room she was originally placed in when she arrived and saw the cup with the red liquid. Slowly she walked over and picked the cup up. Sapphire brought the cup to her lips and drank. The taste was cold and metallic and nasty. Sapphire spit it up into the cup. Klaus sped right in front of her scaring her. "That's not for you love." He said as he wiped the blood left on her lip. She looked at him in horror trying to figure out what he was. Sapphire backed up slowly from Klaus and dropped the cup. The sound of the glass shattering alerted the rest of the siblings who looked over the rail. Elijah sped down and stopped in front of Klaus.

Sapphire was in shock. The mermaid kept backing up until her back hit the wall. She knew what witches were, but these creatures were unknown and she was raised knowing that everything unknown is dangerous. Freya approached Sapphire, and the mermaid wrapped her arms around the witch. "She doesn't understand what you guys are." Freya said and Klaus came closer. Sapphire cowered behind Freya. "It's okay, Klaus won't hurt you. "Sapphire didn't listen to Freya and she got more and terrified the closer Klaus came.

Out of fear, Sapphire opened her mouth and let out a loud scream. Everyone covered their ears and Sapphire ran.

When Klaus's ears were done ringing, he looked at his brother and frowned, "Why the face brother?" Elijah looked at him,

"There is a mermaid in the French Quarter unprotected while witches and vampires roam the streets."