“Goodnight,” I yawned, feeling my eyes droop.

A nagging pull from within me woke me up around three thirty in the morning. I carefully maneuvered out of Rylan’s grip and walked over to his window. The full moon illuminated, giving the forest a mystical glow to it. I suddenly felt the nagging feeling return as my body yearned to breath the fresh scent of the forest.

I carefully crept out of the room and made my way out of the pack house. I stumbled into the forest, feeling the branches scratch my skin. I ignored the sting of the scratches and continued my trek deep into the forest. The sky started to get lighter as I got deeper into the forest. I gasped lightly at the sight in front of me.

Why did I have to go out anyway? And why did that nagging pull go away as soon as I made it to this part of the forest?

Nicolai Firenze

I stormed out of the pack house in disbelief. The girl was a real magnet for trouble. She has gotten stuck with that ruthless of a man she called father. Now she’s stuck with a man who was aspiring to be just like her damn father. How the hell were we going to win this?

If Rylan won against Baine, would we really have peace in the world? Or would he be like Baine and abuse the power that will be passed onto him?

One thing is for sure, I will rescue Arabella once and for all. She needs to be taken away and sent to the headquarters. There she will be safe. I’ve seen how Rylan has changed over the past couple of years and it certainly worries me. It won’t do her any good if she stays here anyway. Her mate would probably be somewhere out there, searching for her. Meanwhile, Rylan is keeping her here for his own benefit.

He wasn’t even other that no good whore- Victoria. The way his eyes shone with anger told me that he was still holding a grudge against me. Yes, I took the girl away but I didn’t do it for my benefit. I did it for the pack. Victoria was a spook for Baine’s pack. She has been feeding him vital reports.

Rylan’s hunger for more power to defeat Baine became too unbearable for me. Yes he was still kind, but his ways were not reasonable at all. Once I received the acceptance letter from the Resistance, I charmed my way into the whore’s heart. I convinced her to leave with me and live freely… Only, I was the only one who got to live freely. I had to get rid of her for she knew too much about us.

I know that Rylan would be beyond furious for what I’m planning to do, but Arabella would be better off with the Resistance. Her sacrifice has gone down the drain. Rylan has taken over Eli’s pack and turned it into some kind of training camp. No one knows where Eli has gone, but I do…

I need to get through the night, camping at the woods. I’ve done this numerous times, but never in Rylan’s territory. I haven’t stepped foot into this land for years! I set up my tent and tried to get a goodnight’s sleep. Tomorrow will be a big day.

My mission was to get Baine’s daughter and bring her back to safety. That’s exactly what I’m going to do.

I awoke early in the morning to find a shadow casting over me. I rubbed my eyes groggily and sat up straight, startling the person. Glancing over my wristwatch, it read four in the morning.

“Hey,” her soft voice murmured.

“Hello to you too,” I looked over her features, noting the fact that she looked a lot better. It looked like she put on a few pounds, accentuating her curves. “Listen, Arabella…”

“Did you really go back here, just to try taking me away again?” Her eyes narrow into slits as she clenched her fists.

“I have to do what’s best for the people,” I shrugged carelessly, stretching my legs in the process.