CHAPTER TWENTY

White, a blinding white light that filled her sight. Ella closed her eyes seeking the comfort of the darkness once again.

“Newt, newt wake up, Ella's waking up.” Someone whispered from near her. Ella forced her eyes open again. The light was bright but dimmed after a second. Everything came into focus. She was in a room, everything was white. From the curtains around her bed to the chairs across the room. Her dark brown was spread against the stark white sheets. Ellas crystal blue eyes scanned the room. Her eyes landed on two figures. One was a woman with short brown hair that fell around her shoulders. She was standing next to a man with light hair and kind green blue eyes. He wore a blue coat over his suit. She recognized the people but couldn't put a name to them. The man sat at the edge of her bed.

“Hey Ella how are you feeling.” The man asked. Ella blinked trying to remember him. The she gazed at the man. Then the name came back to her.

“Newt?” She asked, her voice was hoarse from not using it. He smiled weakly.

“I'm here.” Newt said reaching forward and lacing his hand with hers. Ella looked down at their hands. Where they together? Ella wracked her mind for an answer. She slowly pulled her hand away.

“I'm sorry.” She apologized quietly. Hurt was evident on Newt's face.

“Ella do you remember who I am?” Newt asked cautiously. Ella bit her lip.

“No not really. I'm so sorry, all I can remember is your name.” Ella said, her voice cracking. Newt sat back tears brimming in his kind eyes. Ella looked at him apologetically. He shook his head and stood from the bed. The woman's walked him to the door before putting a hand on his shoulder and stopping. Ella heard brief parts on their conversation.

“I'm sure this isn't permanent Newt, the spell the President used is strong but should not be strong enough to permanently remove her memory.” The woman whispered.

“She barely remembers me, the spell was only to remove the memory of the battle.  It wasn't supposed to be this strong!” Newts whispered back. There was a small pause. Then a click and small noise as the door closed. Battle, what battle, was I in a battle? Ella thought, her brow furrowed in confusion. The door opened again and a woman wearing all white came in. She carried a wand. Wordlessly she waved the wand and a bag of clear liquid raised up and replaced itself with the other bag on a silver rack next to her. She followed a thin tube down to her arm where a needle was sticking out from her arm.

“Where am I?” Ella asked the woman. The nurse looked over at her.

“St. James's Hospital. America.” The nurse replied with a light-hearted smile. Ella nodded.

“When can I leave?” Ella inquired. The nurse thought for second.

“I'll have to ask the doctor but I believe in a couple days dear.” The nurses responded.

“Who where the people that just came to visit me?” Ella wondered. The nurse went to the end of the bed and checked the clipboard.  

“That would be mister Newt Scamander and Porpentina Goldstein.” The nurse looked back at Ella. Ella tried to remember who they were.

“Everything alright dear?” The nurse asked concerned. Ella’s blue eyes looked back at her.

“Oh yeah, thank you.” She said with a smile. The nurse gave her a curt nod and left, leaving Ella to her thoughts. Pushing the sheets off her Ella sat at the edge of the bed. Looking down she saw she was sweating a blue dotted hospital gown that went down to her knees. Bringing the metal stand with her Ella walked to the edge of her bed and picked up the clipboard that the nurse had so many seconds go. She read over the first page.

Name: Ella Anne Sullivan

Age: 25

Blood status: Pure blood

Born: -

Extra: Obscurus (Handle Cautiously!)

Ella flipped through the the rest of the papers. It was all of her medical history and information about her obscurus, as well as a visitors log. She saw Newt and Porpentina’s name. There was also a Theodore and Albus Dumbledore. She vaguely remembered who they were. Ella read through the papers over and over.

Then a blinding white light again. Ella let out a yelp and stumbled back into the end of the bed. The metal stand that held the medicine crashed to the ground. Then everything came back; where she was, who she was, what she was, what her relationship with Newt was, the battle, Theodore, Charles… Ella's blue eyes flashed open. Charles. Charles, the seven year old boy who had been killed because of what she had done. Tears welled up in her eyes. Ella placed a shaking hand over her mouth. It was too much, too much. The door opened and people in white coats rushed in. Ella struggled blindly as the lifted her up and back to the bed. Tears blurred her vision. She let them care for her, knowing that struggling would be useless.

The people Ella recognized as Newt and Tina, came rushing into the room a couple seconds after the doctors. Ella reached for Newt Wrapping her arms around his neck as soon as they were close enough. He responded by wrapping a arm around her waist, the other was tangled in her dark waves.

“I thought I lost you.” He whispered, his voice muffled by her hair. Ella his her face in his shoulder.

“Newt, the President is hoping to see you. She says that Grindelwald is coming back for Ella.” Tina said as she breathlessly re entered the room.

Well guys this book will be coming to a close soon. Only 1 or 2 chapters left. I am so thankful for all you guys who have stayed with this book. It means everything to me. If you like this chapter please, vote, comment and tell a friend! Today's question: Do you have a favorite scene with newt and Ella? If so what is it?