CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Ella was surprised that she hadn't been caught yet. But she was more anxious on whether or not Newt had received her letter. She noticed that Grindelwald had been keeping a close eye on her. While she was here the obscurus in her had been lying low. She didn't know why but she liked it.

Wandering down the halls Ella had been getting accustomed to the large manor. She was given the list of places she wasn't allowed to go but sometimes she chose to ignore it and would explore the areas.

As she wandered down the hall she heard music. It took her a second before she could identify the instruments. A violin.

She followed the music down the hall. She stopped at the door before giving the wood a small push. It didn't make a sound as it opened. The players back were turned to her but she was still able to make the person out from the little could see from them.

It was Theodore.

He never told her that he played. Ella cleared her throat. The playing stopped and Theo turned around.

"Oh hello, Ella." He said awkwardly. He held the violin by his side.

"You play?" Ella inquired.

"I do." He confirmed. She nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me? You play so well!" She said watching him. He shrugged.

"Most people would think it's weird. Unmanly." Theodore confessed.

"I think it's quite nice. It shows your soft side." Ella joked. Theodore scoffed. She moved farther into the room. It was small with a big window. Walking past Theodore she looked out the large window. It shows the front courtyard. The dark clouds rolled above. She turned back to the room. The only light came from a few lamps in the room. Ella looked back at Theodore who was fixing a few of his music sheets in the wooden stand.

"How long have you been playing?" she asked turning back to him.

"Ever since I was little. My mother taught me." He said quietly. Ella had learned recently that Theodore's mother and younger sister had died in a house fire when he was 12.

"Oh. Well, she taught you well."

"Thank you." He said glancing at her. Then an idea came to him. "I could teach you. I mean if you want."

Ella was taken aback slightly.

"I don't know. Are you sure?" She asked uneasily. She wasn't always the best student.

"Yeah. I could be something that you do in your free time so you're not wandering the halls every day."

Ella opened her mouth to retort.

"I'm not blind Ella. You're bored. Come here, we can start now."

Ella spent the rest of the afternoon with Theodore. He was an excellent teacher. He taught her how to hold the Violin and bow correctly as well as the name of the four strings. He had her practice Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by plucking each string in the correct order. By the time they finished Ella's fingers ached.

"Well done for today Ella," Theodore told her as he put the Violin away in its case.

"Thank you. It was fun." She told him honestly. He had become so easy to talk to. No more awkward sentences or stuttering.

"Would you like to come by tomorrow and practice more?" Theodore asked finishing locking the case. Ella nodded.

"I'd like that very much."

"Wonderful then I'll see you tomorrow then."

With that he gave her one last charming smile that sent warm shivers down Ella's spine, then turned and walked out of the room leaving the door open for her. While she was with Theodore she had completely forgotten about Newt. Her face fell. Pursing her lips, she pushed back any feelings she had for Theodore and left the room.

Running back to her room she pulled out a piece of parchment and her quill as well as a bottle of ink and began to write to Newt.

Dear Newt,

I hope you are well and are not worried sick about me. I am fine and unhurt. They are treating me well. Only Grindelwald knows about my powers. I believe he wants to train me but I am reluctant to do so. On the other hand. I've met a friend. His name is Theodore. Don't worry, You will always be mine. He is teaching me how to play the violin. When we are together again. I hope to be able to play for you.

Your love,

Ella

Sealing the letter in an envelope she quickly went up to the owlery and sent it off. AS she rounded the corner she saw Grindelwald with Theodore by his side. Ella gasped and flattened up against the wall, as not to be seen. Their footsteps stopped.

"Yes, Theodore I do, I hope to start training her tomorrow. If all goes well she will be a part of your rank. I do hope you are helping her prepare." Grindelwald's voice rang out.

"Yes, sir," Theodore responded. Then the footsteps retreated. Looking back around she saw that they had both walked off. After waiting a couple more seconds she came out of her hiding spot and ran back to her room to get ready for dinner. After hiding all evidence that she was writing to anyone she got dressed and did her hair and makeup.

Dinner was amazing. The house elves worked hard to make all the followers an amazing dinner. She ate whatever she could.

After dinner, she went back up to her room. As she reached her door someone called her name.

"Ella, Ella wait!" Theodore called running up the stairs. She stopped with her hand on the door knob.

"Theodore?" She asked confused. He grabbed her arm forcing her to turn and face him.

"I-I wanted to say thank you. You've made being a part of this group so much more bearable. It used to be miserable and dark. But every since you came I have never been happier." Theodore said making Ella blink in surprise.

"Wow, Theodore I don't know what to say," Ella said shocked.

"You don't need to say anything."

Then he tilted his head down and kissed her.

WOW Ok guys what do you think! Today's question: Favorite Marauder? Admin answer: Remus♥︎. Remember to Comment, Vote and Follow for more!