CHRISTMAS SCENE

Snow fell and carols were sung.

Ella was in her case wrapping last minute gifts for her friends. The tree had been put up a while back and presents were already piling underneath it. With a flourish of her wand, she finished tying off the last bow on her presents. The presents floated up the stairs and under the tree where the others laid under the tree.

Around her, Queenie was cooking and Tina was setting the table. But no Newt. She frowned and moved to the large window that overlooked the city. A pair of hands caught her waist and Ella jumped and spun around and came face to face with Newt who was grinning. Ella let out a small laugh.

"Mistletoe?" Said Newt looking up. Ella followed his gaze and looked up to see the green branches floating above them held up by magic. Ella looked back at Newt and raised an eyebrow. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers. Ella shut her eyes and kissed him back. Moving his hand to the center of Ella's back he pulled her closer. Ella put a hand on his arm. He pulled away and kissed her forehead. Ella leaned against him.

"Merry Christmas Newt." She said softly.

"Merry Christmas Ella," Newt responded.

"Guys! Let's open presents!" Queenie called from the kitchen. Ella smiled and pulled a surprised looking Newt into the small living room. Ella took the armchair while Newt sat at her feet. He wore his Hufflepuff sweater which Ella though he looked adorable in. Ella wore her oversized Ravenclaw sweater. Queenie handed out her presents first. Then it was Tina then it was Newt. She had received fantastic gifts from all of them. Her favorite was a copy of Newt's book, signed.

After opening presents Tina made them a hot chocolate. To Ella delight, she had added peppermint. Newt and Ella were curled up on the loveseat couch. Ella was leaning into Newt's chest. He had an arm around her shoulder in a protective way. Ella closed her eyes and sighed. Pressing his lips against the top of Ella's head. He closed his eyes savoring the moment. He didn't know if he would ever get one like this again.

Merry Christmas. I hope you are all well. Here is the scene I promised. I know it's short but I didn't have much time to write it. IF you don't already know there is a Rogue One fanfic that I started writing.  Also! The first chapter of my Tom Riddle fan fic will be posted tonight!