CHAPTER NINETEEN

It started with a shout. Someone ran through the the halls shouting about an attack. Ella frowned but didn't move from her position in the her bed. Then a scream and another shout. Sitting up Ella climbed out of the bed and hogged to the window. Looking out she gasped in horror. A large group of Aurors marched across the front lawn of the manor. More shouting came from below as some of Grindelwald's followers fought back. Newt had come, he had gotten her coordinates. She grinned before grabbing her wand from the nightstand beside her bed. She went to her door and tried to open it. It wouldn't budge. Ella frowned and gritted her teeth. Grindelwald didn't want her to fight. Ella pointed her wand at the door knob,

“Alohamora!” She whispered. Nothing. She groaned and tried a few other spells. Finally the lock gave out and she was able to push the door open. Walking out of the room Ella held her wand by her side defensively. As she reached the lower floors people began to run around her.

“Ella!” Ella swung around trying to find the person who had called her name. Theodore jogged towards her. He grabbed her upper arm and dragged her to safety under the stairs.

“What do you want Theodore?” Ella snapped. Theodore looked shocked for a second before he composed himself.

“I'm coming with you, I don't want to join Grindelwald. He's a bad man.” He said quickly. It was Ella's turn to frown.

“How did you know I was leaving?” She asked suspiciously. Theodore rolled his eyes.

“It's obvious you don't belong here.” He explained. Ella sighed.

“Fine let's go.” She said looking out from behind the safety of the stairs. Ella raised her wand and stunned the nearest Grindelwald follower. The unsuspecting man crumpled to the ground. Ella easily deflected the spells thrown her way by Grindelwald's men that realized she wasn't fighting for them.

Ella eventually pushed her way out of the mansion. The fight was far from over out here. Left and right people dueled for their lives. Bodies of Aurors and Grindelwald's followers lay on the green lawn. Ella swallowed the bile that raised into her throat. She pursued through the Lawn.

“Ella! Ella over here!” A feminine voice called from somewhere close by. Ella spun around. Her eyes caught onto Tina who stood some feet away. She was running towards her, her mind was slowly catching up. The brunette grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the small green house. Ella gasped as she looked around. It had become a war room. People were arguing over something as they stood over a piece of parchment. Tina guided her past many people, and towards the back of the room.

“Newt! She's here!” Tina called a huge smile plastered on her face. Ella heard the sound of heels. Queenie ran up, Newt hot on her heels. Without a another word Queenie embraced Ella with a bone crushing hug. Finally Queenie pulled back and held her at arm's length.

“Are you alright sweetheart? Are you hurt?” The blonde woman inquired. Ella shook her head with a faint smile.

“No, no, Queenie I'm fine.” She reassured the flustered woman. Queenie pursed her lips and nodded, patting Ella's shoulder.

“We are still going to get you checked out though.” Queenie chided. Ella reeled back a few steps.

“Oh no Queenie that won't be necessary.” Ella persisted. Queenie gave her a suspicious look.

“If you say so.” She hummed. Ella thanked her and walked towards Newt who was standing patiently behind Queenie. Ella wrapped her arms around his torso and placed her head on his chest. Newt reacted immediately by returning the gesture. A shout from outside made Ella snap back to reality.

“Oh no, Theodore!” She said standing back panicked. “He's still out there!” She cried. Newt grabbed her wrist, preventing her from moving away.

“Ella who's Theodore?” He asked in a stern tone. Ella rolled her eyes and Newt’s protectiveness.

“He's a friend of mine and he's still out there! Probably wondering where I went!” She explained urgently. Newt let go of her wrist.

“Let's go find him.” He said walking briskly next to Ella as they walked out of the greenhouse. The battle raged on around them.

“Theodore!” She shouted over the noise of the battle.

“Ella?” Ella barely heard the response from her friend.

“Theodore?” she shouted again to make sure she wasn't hearing things.

“Ella over here!” Theodore's voice responded through the sounds of the battle. She tugged on newts sleeve. “This way!”

Ella dashed through the ongoing fight around her. It wasn't taking before she spotted Theodore. He was cornered against the mansion sending off two of Grindelwald's followers. Ella shot two stunning spells at them, causing them to fall in a unconscious state.

“Are you okay?” She asked helping Theodore steady himself.

“Yeah yeah I'm fine!” He reassured her.

“Let's go.” She said dragging him toward where newt stood, fighting off a follower of Grindelwald's. Newt successfully knocked out the follower. The three of them pushed their way through the chaos and back towards the green house.

“Help!” A childish voice cried from behind. Ella froze and spun around. Charles stood in the middle of the field, tears streaming down his now reddish cheeks.

“Charles!” Ella called. The boy turned to her quickly before turning back to his mother who was fighting one of the Aurors. He whimpered and started towards his mother. A flash of green light and Ella only saw the body of seven year old Charles laying the green grass. Unspilled tears were still in his glazed over eyes. Ella let out a horrified scream and made run for Charles.

“Ella no!” Newt yelled grabbing his lover and attempting to pull her back. Ella let out a wail and pulled free only to be caught around the waist by Theodore, who, with the help of Newt managed to pull Ella away from the scene and back to the greenhouse. The obscurus inside Ella writhed as her emotions overrode her mind. Everything was happening so quickly.

“Ella! Ella calm down it's okay! You're okay!” A voice said. Ella was unable to put a face to it. She felt herself shaking. Charles was gone because of her. He was so young, so innocent. A new stream of tears ran down her face. Someone embraced her and rubbed her back. People were talking, then a whisper and everything went black.

I'm so sorry! Don't yell at me please, it had to happen in order for other things to happen in the future! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to comment, vote and follow for more! Today's question: What are some scenes you wish to see! I'm looking for ideas to continue this series!  This chapter is: unedited.