CHAPTER TWELVE

Ella's body ached when she woke up. Her arm hurt the most. Who knew Grindelwald could have such a strong grip. Clenching her teeth. She pushed herself out of the bed. She reached over with her good arms and picked up the potion that Theodore had left. She silently thanked him as she took a sip and the pain lessened to a bearable ache. She sighed and set the potion back. Closing her eyes she breathed in the musty air.

The sun has risen and hung high in the morning sky. Ella could hear the bustle of people walking around underneath her. Slowly she moved to the closet and found her clothes for the day. She went to the small bathroom and washed up with what was provided for her. Her body ached as she moved to put on her clothes.

"Ella are you up yet?" Theodore called from the other side of the door.

"Yes, I'll be out in a minute." She called back. Checking her reflection in the dirty mirror, she turned and went to the door and opened it. Theodore was leaning against the wall on the other side of the hallway. His arms were crossed and he tapped his foot impatiently. He looked when she closed the door behind her. Theodore's blue eyes met her gray ones. Ella hastily averted her eyes. Theodore didn't look away.

"Shall we go to breakfast?" He asked in a low voice. Ella nodded.

"We shall."

Theodore pushed himself off the wall and walked towards the stairs. Ella followed behind him. Witches and Wizards passed them, giving curious glances as they walked. A couple people said hello to Theodore but that was it. Theodore steered Ella to a new dining room. It was smaller than the other one but no less beautiful. A tug on her arm pulled Ella from her gaze. Theodore had pulled a chair out for her and was gesturing for her to take a seat. Not long after she had taken a seat, a shrill voice cut through the air.

"Theo! Theo!" A small boy yelled, running in her direction, caused Ella to jump and turn in surprise. The boy was no older than eight, with curly sandy hair and ecstatic blue eyes. Theo turned to the boy with a grin on his face.

"Hello, Charles!" Theodore said picking up the small boy. Charles let out another childish laugh as Theodore poked his side.

"Where's your mother Charles?" Asked Theodore as he looked around. Ella watched them in surprise. She had never seen this side of Theodore. The kind and playful side.

"Over there," Charles said pointing to a thing woman with blond hair pulled into a tight bun. She was reading a copy of the Daily prophet.

"And she said you could say Hi?" Theodore questioned the boy. Charles nodded enthusiastically. Theodore glanced over to see Ella watching them.

"Hey, buddy there is someone I want you to meet," Theodore said keeping eye contact with Ella. Charles followed Theodore's gaze to Ella. She smiled kindly and the Charles buried his face in Theodore's shoulder shyly. Theodore let out a soft chuckle.

"Her name is Ella..." He paused. "She's my friend," Theodore said looking back at Ella. Charles looked up from Theodore's shoulder for a second but ducked back down when Ella gave him a small smile. Theodore smiled.

"You're so shy aren't you Charles," Theodore said in a playful tone, tickling Charles small sides. Charles squealed and squirmed. Theodore stopped.

"I think it's time for you to go back to your mother Charles," Theodore said looking Charles in the eye. The boy frowned. "You can come see me at lunch." He promised the boy. Charles nodded and left, running back to his mother. There was a pause as Ella and Theodore watched him go back.

"I didn't know you were good with kids," Ella said with a small smile.

"Well, you do now." Theodore pointed out. Ella scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Footsteps got closer to them.

"Grindelwald requires to see Ella Sullivan." 

I am soooo sorry about the wait. This is a bit of a filler chapter. The next will be more interesting I promise. Today's Question: What's your favorite unforgivable curse? ( Imperio, Curcio, and Avada Kedavra) Admin Answer: Imperio