Partners in Crime

Start from the beginning

"I don't understand the need to be twigs." Rita shook her head mumbling. "It makes no sense at all, why should someone care about how thin they are?"

The Doctor nodded kissing her cheek while the man in the room wasn't looking. "Exactly." He whispered. "Come on let's go look around the call center, see if they could help us."

The Doctor and Rita walked through the building glancing at the people in the cubicles all on phones and computers, they ducked into a cubical where a young woman glanced at them continuing to chat on the phone. "We deliver within three working days."

The Doctor whispered holding up his psychic paper. "John Smith and Rita Stone, Health and Safety. Don't mind us." She nodded looking at them continuing to talk.

"The box comes with 21 days worth of pills, a full information pack, and our special free gift, an Adipose Industries pendant." She held up a box. Rita frowned slightly and picked it up opening the box and taking out the pendant slightly frowning at it, knowing that there was more to it than that, people don't just go around handing out stuff like that, especially a fat company. She then passed it to the Doctor to have a look at.

"It's made of eighteen carat gold, and it's yours for free." The woman said into the phone. "No, we don't give away pens, sorry. No, I can't make an exception, no."

"We better keep this for a while," Rita informed the woman as the Doctor handed the pendant back to her, placing it into her pocket. "Say you wouldn't be able to print off a list of some of your customers?" She raised a brow, the woman nodded and started to type at her computer.

The Doctor stood up looking around. "Is the printer there?" He asked looking near a plant pot.

"By the plant, yeah." The woman nodded.

"Brilliant." He sat back down waiting for the woman to tell them it had been sent to the printer. Rita tried to hide her smirk noticing the way the woman was looking at the Doctor who was completely oblivious to her gaze.

The Doctor then jumped up again. "Has it got paper?"

"Yeah, Jimbo keeps it stocked."

Rita rolled her eyes at him "Stop jumping up and down, you're not a child."

"What if I am?" He smirked at her.

"You should be setting an example." She rolled her eyes again seeing the grin on his face. They looked up to see Miss Foster standing in the middle of the room with two guards beside her.

"Excuse me, everyone, if I could have your attention." She announced, everyone stopped what they were doing giving her their full attention. "On average, you're each selling forty Adipose packs per day. It's not enough. I want one hundred sales per person per day. And if not, you'll be replaced." She looked at everyone in the room, the Doctor and Rita hid behind the cubical as she turned to their direction. "Because if anyone's good in trimming the fat, it's me. Now. Back to it." She then left with the guards as the workers began to move around again.

"Anyway..." The Doctor glanced at Rita seeing the hidden smirk and not understanding what it was for. "If you could print that off. Thanks."

The Doctor and Rita then stood up to leave, the woman slightly pushed the Doctor back down and handed him a small piece of paper, Rita watched on with amusement.

"Oh, what's that?"

"My telephone number." The woman slyly smiled at him.

The Doctor frowned then glanced at Rita seeing the amused look on her face then looked back at the woman. "What for?"