“That’s never good” Loki muttered.

I stifled a giggle as Flynn sent Loki a glare, “I’ve been thinking that this ship is entirely too small and weak to survive the voyage we intend to go on” Flynn said quickly.

“Okay be that as it may, what options do we have? The Danish, I’ve heard, are toughening up in their agenda to put an end to pirates. It’s not like we can get a fast sturdy ship anytime in the near future.” Castor voiced.

Flynn nodded, “Yes that’s true. This is why our first order of business is to get back Poseidon’s Curse.”

I scoffed, “How would we even know where to go? Big William and the crew could be anywhere. Plus you just said it yourself that this ship is slow and weak. They’d blast us to smithereens before we could even mutter the word ‘Fire’ Flynn.”

Flynn rolled his eyes, “Oh pardon me, you’ve been a pirate for all of five minutes. This is my life. If anyone can get back my own ship, it’s me” he said seriously.

“Well I’m in. The bloody kitchen on this piece of driftwood is rancid. I miss my old working quarters.” Loki said.

“Well alright, but where would we even begin to start looking?” Castor asked.

Flynn clapped his hands together, “Before I answer, are we all together on this voyage? I’ve been hearing doubts from the female inhabitants.” He said looking pointedly at Sara and Zintarrah.

Sara sighed, “Oh for the love of the gods. Even if you heeded my doubts, we’d all still be going on the voyage. This group has a thirst for endangerment.”

Flynn shrugged, “Exactly. So stop voicing your suspicions. They do nothing but put distress and hesitancy in our minds.” Sara pursed her lips.

“So about finding the ship? How are we going to do that?” Zintarrah asked. It was the question on all of our minds.

Flynn smiled, “Well we’re going to have to see an old friend about a stone.”

********

I braided my hair into a single plait as Flynn ambled around the room discarding his clothes, “So how do these stones work exactly? How will they help us find the ship?” I asked.

Flynn glanced at me, “What? You’ve never heard of them?” he asked in a bored tone as he unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his smooth chest.

“No I cannot say that I have. I’m sure all the others have, but I’m not a seasoned pirate, mermaid, nor am I a soldier. So no, please enlighten me.” Flynn sighed as he climbed into bed, I hurriedly followed suit, wounding my arms around him and nestling into his back.

“The stones are sort of like a map in some ways except for the fact that it takes you back to the things you’ve lost. You could imagine how helpful they’ve been in procuring lost items. There are only about nine in existence, most of them in the possession of corrupted governments. But an old mate of mine was rumored to have one a long time ago. He isn’t far at all. It should take us maybe three days’ time.” He said between yawns.