"Because I don't want her finding out."

"Again with this secret. Is it really that big a secret that you can't tell anybody?"

"Yes! Nobody can ever know!"

"Know what?" I ask, knowing that Tobin will tell me without noticing because she's clearly panicking.

"Know that I have a crush on Y/N! And I don't know why or what to do!" Tobin yells and her eyes grow wide as she looks at me.

"You like Y/N?"

"Shut up. Don't remind me. I'm supposed to hate her."

"You're not supposed to feel anything toward her." I say and sit at the desk in the hotel room, looking at her as she sits on her bed. "How long have you felt this way?"

"I realized it when she got hurt. When I played like I was trying to avenge a death of someone."

"This is so cute."

"No. It isn't. And you will never tell anybody." Tobin says and I sigh. Alright. Fine. I won't tell anybody. I promise." I say and Tobin relaxes.

"Thank you."

-
Y/N
-

After the season ended, as I was playing in my backyard with Sortzen, I got a call on my phone, so I let Sortzen have his rope while I went to answer the call from a number I didn't know.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is this Y/N Y/L/N?"

"This is her, may I ask who's calling?" I ask and wait for a response.

"Yes, my name is Jessica, I'm calling on behalf of Tom Sermanni."

"Tom Sermanni? Who's that?"

"He's the head coach of the Orlando Pride. A few of our newest players strongly recommended you for the team. It is our understanding that your contract with the Portland Thorns has ended, correct?"

"It has. But I was about to sign with Reign."

"Before you do that, Mr. Sermanni insists that you come to Orlando in case you change your mind." Jessica says and I sigh.

"When do I need to be there?"

"Mr. Sermanni has booked you a flight for tomorrow morning at 11, it's a direct flight and we have a friend of yours that has agreed to pick you up from the airport once you land, she'll drive you to your paid hotel and you'll enjoy an all expenses paid round trip to Orlando while touring our facilities and meeting personally with Mr. Sermanni." Jessica says and I sigh.

"I guess I need to pack then." I say and let the lady hang up before calling Sortzen into the house so I can pack. When I'm done, I look across the street to see Servando's car in his driveway, so I go and knock on his door and wait for him to answer, when he does, he's drying his hands with a towel, and a friendly smile appears on his face.

"Y/N, hey. Uh, Alex is in Orlando, I thought she told you."

"No, I know, I'm here to see you."

"See me?" Servando asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I just realized how wrong that sounds, uh, I'm flying out to Orlando in the morning and I don't know how long I'll be gone, I was wondering if you could watch Sortzen for me. I'll pay you." I say and Servando smiles.

"I'll watch Sortzen for you. Don't worry about paying me." He says and I sigh.

"Thank you. I'll bring him by before I leave." I say and he nods, so I walk off and back to my house and get ready for bed, since I'll need to wake up early and get ready. As I'm crawling into bed, Sortzen hops up on the bed and curls up in his usual spot and I smile, petting him as I let myself fall asleep. When I wake up, it's 7 in the morning and Sortzen is still asleep, so I get up and get ready to leave after making myself some breakfast, when I'm ready to go and Sortzen is on his leash, it's 9:30, so I go and take Sortzen to Servando, who greets Sortzen warmly before wishing me a safe flight and hugs me slightly, handing me something to give Alex, I slip it into my carry on and go to my car and get in since it was already running before driving off to the airport. When I get to the airport, I check in and take my ticket from the man after letting him take my duffle, my carry on staying on my shoulders, I go through security and head to the gate I need to and wait for five minutes before we're allowed to board, when I'm on and in my seat, I get comfy and relax the entire flight.

When I land in Orlando, I get off of the plane with my backpack and go to luggage claim and grab my bag before walking out to the front where I'm supposed to be meeting someone, I guess I should look for a name, after a few seconds of searching, I decide to go outside and look around out here, as I look around more, my phone goes off, so I answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Turn around." The caller says and hangs up before my brain has a chance to process the voice, when I turn around, I squeal and run over to Alex so I can hug her tight.

"Alex!"

"Hey. You miss me that much?" Alex asks and I nod, stepping out of the hug.

"Yeah. It's weird not being able to call you and have you taunt me."

"You do."

"But it's better when I can get taunted in person. It's not the same over the phone."

"Why?" She asks, taking my duffle from me to put it in the car she was standing in front of.

"Because when you're physically there, it makes me feel loved. Over the phone it reminds me just how alone I really am." I say and Alex hugs me.

"Well, you've got a week to be taunted by me and Ashlyn."

"Alright. Let's get this over with. I have a dog to get home to." I say and Alex laughs as we get into the car.

-

A couple days after I arrived, I'm on the field with Alex just playing a small 1v1 game with her, but look over when I hear someone speak.

"I see you're enjoying your stay here in Orlando." I look over to see Tom. I sigh a little, but nod. "Great. Then join the team. You'll enjoy it every day."

"I'm still not sure, Mr. Sermanni. I'm enjoying my time with Alex and Ashlyn, but I'm not entirely sure."

As Alex and I relax in my hotel room, she looks over at me and sighs.

"Why won't you accept the offer Tom is giving you?"

"Because I want to carefully consider my decision."

"I know you're probably tired of all the attempts at getting you to sign with the Pride, but please, I saw how upset you seemed when you landed, I've seen how drastically your demeanor has changed in the three days you've been here."

"I know. But I'm still not sure."

-
Tobin
-

It's the first practice of the season and I sigh as I look around for Y/N, since we've started to get along.

"Have you guys seen Y/N?" I ask the girls and they all shake their heads. I swear she told me she was renewing her contract with the team.

After we've warmed up, Coach calls us to the bench so he can talk to us.

"So this season is going to be different, on the off season, we had two of our players transfer to the new club, Orlando Pride. We'll miss Alex and Y/N, but we aren't doomed, we've still got a roster chalk full of great players, so let's get at this season like nothing has changed." Coach says and I sigh. Act like nothing has changed...but everything's changed.