The Hunt

Kid slowly opened his eyes and realized he had fallen asleep in the pale green grass. He curled his fingers and they touched a soft fabric, a smile spread across the pale shinigami's face. He pulled the fabric close to feel it was light, he sat up and saw it was just Soul's jacket. Kid panicked and looked around the clearing for the scythe.

"Soul?" Kid called out. There was no answer, just the rustling of leaves in the lonely wind. Kid felt defenceless, he had no weapon to defend himself.

The shinigami slowly raised to his feet, holding the bodiless sweater close to his chest. Kid heard a slight rustling from the forest line, his eyes widened as tears slowly began to form.

He was going to die. Without the person he loves most either.

The white haired scythe appeared at the edge of the forest, his white short sleeved shirt clinging to his sweaty, muscular figure. The weapon was surprised when he was tackled to the ground by the shinigami.

"Well it's nice to see you too." Soul laughed as the shinigami nuzzled the weapon. Soul's jaw dropped, he realized what Kid had gotten from the situation. "I'm sorry, babe." Kid's face started to heat up when Soul called him 'babe'. "I started to look without you and you looked so sweet on the ground fast asleep." Soul grinned. "C'mon, follow me." Soul tugged on the sleeve of the young shinigami.

"Did you find one for professor Stein?" Kid smiled as he said that, he thought he wouldn't have to look for the endangered animal anyways.

"No, I found something cooler than that." A confused look spread across Kid's face, Soul pulled harshly on his arm and he yelped in pain. "I'm sorry darling, did that hurt you?" Soul faked a frown, but a look of enjoyment glimmered in his vibrant red eyes. Kid's eyes began to water.

The couple walked up to a ram shackled house and Kid hesitantly stepped on to the creaky porch. Soul grinned and shoved the shinigami into the house. Kid yelped as he fell on to the rotting wooden floor.

"K-kid?" A voice sputtered from the shadows, the sound of blood dripping on to the floor followed soon after those words were said. Kid gasped and shot a look at 'Soul' who chuckled and released a soul protect.

"A witch." Kid whispered to himself. The witch began to shift back to her original form, her long purple hair flowed down her back she wasn't that bad looking. She seemed young, her appearance was about 20 or so years old, slim body with quite a large bust. "Is that your real face? Or has your real one degraded over the centuries?" Kid spat at the young looking witch.

"This is my actual body." She laughed and smiled. "But I used a magic that makes me look as young as when I castes it." Kid stood up to fight the witch, but was stopped when Soul pleaded for him not to.

"Kid, please. She's strong, you can't do it without me." Soul almost whispered as he transformed into a scythe. Kid took the handle and rested Soul on his shoulder, he was serious about killing this witch.

"You filthy, asymmetrical BITCH." Kid lunged at the witch but she swiftly dodged and landed out in the warm air. "I will cut you to bits for hurting Soul!" He screamed at her, lunging at her again. He cut her arm as she was trying to dodge again. Blood dripped on to the pale green grass after travelling down the witch's arm.

The witch who impersonated Soul shot a magic spell at the weapon and meister, which was easily dodged.

"This is getting nowhere." She mumbled to herself. She began to chant a spell and Kid saw his opening, he jumped into the air and brought the scythe down hard on to her left shoulder. The witch screamed in pain as the limb fell to the ground and she clutched her bleeding shoulder.

"Time to die, witch." Kid glared at the witch, his yellow eyes gleaming with hatred. Kid sprinted up to the witch and sliced her straight through the abdomen. The purple soul gleamed as it floated in the dense air of the forest, Soul was already back in human form and he grabbed the violet sphere.

"Thanks Kid." Soul placed a slightly bloody kiss on the shinigami's forehead before consuming the witch's soul. "I might need to rest after the damage she dealt to me." Soul coughed up a slight amount of blood and Kid helped him back to the clearing where they had entered.

Kid washed the blood of of Soul and gently placed some bandages on the places he was bleeding from.

"It's getting dark out, we can look for the Wolverine Stein wants tomorrow. For now, we need to get some rest." Kid smiled at his boyfriend and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

"You were pretty badass there, Kid." Soul winked at the shinigami, making his face turn red.

"Get some rest Soul." Kid said sternly.

_______________

Well... Another chapter done... How do you like it?