Skipping School

The next morning, Soul awoke to being poked in the face by Kid. Soul groaned and rolled on to his side. Kid just kept poking him in the face until Soul finally gave up.

"Kid, I'm going to stay here. I don't want to go to school today." Soul mumbled. Kid sat beside Soul on the bed, and kissed his forehead gently.

"Then I'll stay with you." Kid smiled and Soul pulled him down onto the bed. Soul pressed his lips against Kid's in a loving kiss. Soul softly bit down on Kid's bottom lip, just enough to make the shinigami bleed. "Ow, what the fuck was that for!" Kid whimpered and licked the blood off his lip.

"It's proof that you are mine." Soul grinned. "So nobody can take you from me." Soul whispered and nuzzled the shinigami's blushing face. Kid squirmed in discomfort when Soul began to fall back asleep on him.

"Even if we skip school today, we should do something." Kid finally suggested, snapping Soul out of his slumber. Soul sat up and stretched his arms above his head with a nod. He headed off to the bathroom to have a shower, Soul smiled at the toilet paper neatly folded into triangles as he turned on the shower. Soul removed his boxers and stepped into the warm water of the shower.

Soul stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and was greeted with a hug from a grinning shinigami.

"What is it, Kid?" Soul asked, Kid continued grinning before answering the scythe's question.

"I have an idea for what to do today," Kid held Soul close. "So why don't you go get dressed?" Soul gave Kid a quick kiss before heading back to the shinigami's room to get dressed.

Soul walked out of the room while adjusting his headband. He slipped a hand around Kid's waist and kissed his temple.

"So what did you have in mind?" Soul asked with a smile.

"Why don't we go to a café or something?" Kid suggested as they walked down the lonely hall of the shinigami's mansion.

They arrived at a small café in Death City where some couples would have coffee and a snack. They took a seat and heard a couple of people giggling and quietly squealing to themselves as they saw the two teenage boys in the café. A waitress walked over with a notepad in her hand.

"Hello there, Kid. Would you like your regular?" She asked with a kind smile. "And who might this be?" She smiled at Soul.

"This is Soul. Say anything about this to my father and I won't be a regular customer." Kid almost hissed at the waitress, she didn't seem too threatened. But she nodded and turned towards Soul.

"What would you like?" She asked sweetly, like sugary maple syrup.

"Can I get a coffee with two sugars and one cream?" Soul asked, she nodded and wrote it down on her notepad. "And a cinnamon bun." He added with a smile.

"I never knew you liked cinnamon buns." Kid stated as he placed a hand on the scythe's. The weapon and meister chatted in the café as they waited for their order. Soon the waitress brought them their order, she placed the cups in front of them and wiped her hands on her apron.

"You enjoy now! I'll be back soon with your food." She smiled sweetly and patted Kid on the shoulder before she left.

Soul sipped at his coffee as he waited for his cinnamon bun. Kid's face went a little pink and Soul cocked his head to the side, giving Kid a questioning look.

"I-It's nothing." Kid stuttered as he lifted his hand to cover his face. The waitress returned with two plates. Both had fluffy pastries on it with white icing. "Thank you." Kid muttered with his hand still on his face. Soul picked the pastry between his thumb and index finger. He took a bite out of the pastry and placed it back down on the plate, leaving a bit of icing on his fingers.

Before Soul could lick the icing off his finger, Kid gently took Soul's hand and sucked the icing off his finger. He twirled his tongue around the tip of Soul's finger with a seductive look on his face. Soul's face turned a bright red and he quickly pulled his hand away.

Later, Soul and Kid left the café and Kid walked Soul back to where he lived with Maka. Before Soul entered the apartment he gave Kid a quick kiss on the lips.

Soul entered the apartment and saw Maka sitting on the couch reading a book. She raised an eyebrow as she looked up to see her weapon walking in the door.

"And where were YOU last night?" When she emphasized 'you' Soul cringed a bit. "Liz told me you stayed the night." She lowered the book and Soul saw the goofy grin on her face.