Favors

"So you're accusing me of having a thing for Kid?" Soul tried to clarify with his meister. Maka just nodded in agreement.

"Yup, you two have been attached to the hip since you got out of the infirmary." A smile had spread across her face. Soul just shook his head and wandered off to his room.

"Is it really that obvious?" Soul muttered to himself, not expecting his meister to hear it. He heard a giggle from Maka's direction and he slammed his bedroom door. He stripped down into his boxers and curled up in bed. Soul felt so lonely when Kid wasn't in the bed beside him like last night, he sighed and shut his bright red eyes.

-----------------------

The next day Maka knocked on Soul's door to wake him up, he was already up and dressed though. He wanted to see his boyfriend again.

"What do you want?" Soul answered, he sounded quite awake to Maka. A puzzled look spread across her face.

"You're already up?" She replied, confusion in her voice. She heard a sigh from the other side of the door as her partner opened the door to reveal that he was fully dressed and ready to go. Maka's eyes widened and he mouth fell open.

"What?" Soul was annoyed by the look on his meister's face. She just turned around and made breakfast for the two, this would be the first day that they wouldn't be late.

When the partners arrived at the school, they were surprised to see that Kid and his twin weapons were waiting at the entrance. First time they weren't late either. Soul was grinning on the inside, he was so happy that he could see Kid. It was difficult for the shinigami to seem like he was only thinking about symmetry, he was getting used to asymmetrical things. Kid wouldn't cough up blood every time something wasn't perfect, all thanks to his boyfriend.

The group walked down the halls of the school, of course Kid had to fix every painting on the way to Professor Stein's classroom to avoid suspicion. Soul just lightly chuckled every time the shinigami stopped to fix a painting.

When they finally made it to their classroom, it was almost time for school to start. Professor Stein was happy to see that Soul and Kid were early, and he called the two over and shut the others out of the room.

"I wanted to talk to you two yesterday, but you didn't show up." Stein frowned and pretended to be sad. "Anyways, I waned to ask the two of you for a favour. There is a rare species that I want you two to capture for me." Stein smiled his usual, evil grin.

"Why us though?" Soul asked with a snort. He really didn't seem amused by the demand as Kid was, Kid knew their souls were compatible and wanted to see how well they work together in a team.

"Your souls are compatible and, well, I know you two are dating." His glasses reflected the light so the teenagers could not see his eyes, but their jaws dropped. He SAW us? Soul's face started to heat up in embarrassment.

"Alright, alright. What is it that you want us to get for you?" Soul almost growled. He didn't like that the teacher would blackmail his students like this, but Kid seemed excited.

"It's an endangered species called the Wolverine, it lives in Canada. I would like you to bring one to me so I can dissect it." Stein wasn't lying to the boys, Soul almost wanted to puke whenever Stein wanted to dissect something. "Why don't you two leave now? I'll excuse you for a while. Only you two though, got that?" Soul nodded and left the room.

Maka stopped the weapon and meister as soon as they walked out of the classroom.

"What did Stein want?" She asked, a smirk on her goofy little face. Soul shrugged and gave her a gesture that told her to go away.

"None of your business. On another note, I won't be coming to school for a bit." Soul said as he grabbed the shinigami's arm and pulled him towards the door. Maka stood in the hall with a completely confused look with the Thompson sisters standing behind her.

--------------------

Kid and Soul were on their way to Canada to find this 'Wolverine' on Beelzebub, Kid's skateboard. Soul was in scythe form so Kid could easily hold him while on the hovering skateboard.

When the pair finally arrived in Canada, Soul changed out of his weapon form and stretched his back. Kid sat on the grass and relaxed for a bit. Kid looked down at the weapon with a look of disppointment on his face.

"What? My boby aches after being in weapon form for that long." Soul pouted, Kid sighed and sat beside the scythe in the grass.

"Where should we start looking?" Kid asked, a look of displeasure spread across his face when he looked down to see the scarlet eyed boy fast asleep in the grass.