A Little Crush

Soul's eyes slowly opened to see Kid reorganizing the medicine in the cabinet of the infirmary. Soul grumbled as he reached for his aching head.

"What happened, Kid?" He growled at the yellow eyed shinigami. Kid quickly turned around with a small blush on his pale skinned face. He seemed surprised that Soul was up.

"U-Umm." Kid paused as the blush intensified on his face and Soul gave him a confused look. Kid cleared his throat and continued what he was saying. "I don't really know what happened, but you seemed perfectly fine one second then the next you were on the floor." Kid looked down and scratched the back of his head. Soul noticed that nobody else was in the room, Soul looked back to Kid and he quickly pointed out the window. Soul looked in the direction that the young shinigami was pointing and saw that it was late at night.

"Were you here all day?" Soul asked the concerned shinigami. Kid nodded and walked slowly up to the bed that Soul was lying in. Soul flinched and his heart began to flutter a bit, his face heated up a bit and he saw Kid smirk at the scythe's flustered face.

"What's wrong, Soul? I just wanted to come see if your head was okay now." Kid remarked, a grin on his face. He wanted to get Soul alone for such a long time. "S-Soul." Kid stuttered a little, Soul gave him a confused look and Kid slowly sat on the infirmary bed beside him. Kid's head was tilted down enough that his bangs covered his eyes and his rosey red cheeks.

"Kid, I've wanted to tell you something," Soul paused and lifted the shinigami's head up with hid index finger and his thumb gently placed underneath Kid's bottom lip. Kid looked at the scythe with widened yellow eyes. "I find you so.." Am I really going along with this?! Soul thought as he mentally slapped himself. "Attractive." Soul finished. Small tears began to form at the corners of the shinigami's yellow eyes and Soul wiped them away with his thumb. "You shouldn't cry, silly shinigami." Soul giggled. Giggled?! Did I really GIGGLE?! How uncool. Kid's lips slowly formed a slight smile.

"They're not tears of sadness, Soul Eater. I'm just so happy, I thought you didn't feel the same way." More tears slid down Kid's pale face as he embraced the scythe and gently whispered in his ear. "I love you, Soul." Soul's face turned bright red and he allowed the shinigami to lie in the same bed. Does this boy overrule my desire for symmetry? Kid asked himself as he drifted off to sleep in Soul's arms.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Kid! Wake up!" Soul hissed as he nudged the sleeping shinigami. Kid slowly opened his beautiful yellow and yawned, that was the best he had slept in such a long time. "Dr. Stein is going to come soon!" Soul growled, that statement got Kid and the shinigami sprang out of the bed and sat on the chair beside the bed calmly.

"Why must you be so asymmetrical?" Kid muttered to himself. Soul looked over at Kid with a concerned look, Kid just waved him back. Soul knew he wasn't symmetrical at all and he was concerned that Kid would go crazy because he wasn't. Soul sighed and Kid glanced towards the scythe. Just then, Dr. Stein walked in.