Drowning

"Wingardium Leviosa." Lily sent the suitcases floating up the stairs of the Burrow into one of the guest bedrooms. 

"How was the journey?" Arthur was asking James in the kitchen as they began to unpack. 

Lily climbed he stairs, the men's voices becoming muffled, to help Molly with setting up the beds.

"So what's this really about, pet." Molly asked between flicking her wand, the camp beds opening themselves up.

"We haven't stayed at the burrow for the holidays for over a year ago now." Lily shrugged, watching as the duvets settled over the camp beds at her command. 

"You and I both know that is not the only reason, Lily." 

Lily sighed, slumping against the door, "We had another attack back home. I don't want Harry to know about it. I don't him to worry about us."

Molly pressed her lips together in a smile that held back tears as she embraced her friend, "You know you're welcome to stay as long as you like."

"Thank you, Molly." Lily croaked back.

...........................................................

Harry, Ginny and Ron waited on the platform. Hermione and Draco were talking to Luna while they waited for one of the Weasley/ Potter clan to pick them up. Harry had his arm around Ginny's waist and was rubbing his thumb in circles along her hips. She leaned her head against his chest and she sighed deeply. Their future was so uncertain, yet he felt it was certain that it would all be over, and they could finally be happy together, and safe.

Draco left Hermione talking to Luna, drifting over to where Crabbe had indicated to be. He appeared almost instantly. Draco clenched his jaw.

"Crabbe."

"Malfoy." Crabbe greeted, then cast a look around them. They were out of earshot of almost everyone, but those they were near wouldn't have thought anything odd of to boys talking. They wouldn't know one was a deatheater and one wasn't.

"You didn't respond to the summoning, Draco." Crabbe said, his voice in a warning tone.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Draco sneered.

"You may think you're funny, Malfoy. But Lucius is growing impatient."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Let's just say that eyes are being kept on you." Draco looked around then, and suddenly, heads were turned towards him, the green and silver Slytherin emblems like a warning.

Crabbe moved forward to hiss in his ear, "Remove yourself from the girl or she dies. Let's say your father wouldn't want you... tainting your pure blood line with a mudblood like her. Got it? And if you don't respond to your summonings, there will be consequences."

Draco's hands were at fists at his sides. He wanted so badly to throw Crabbe into the train tracks, but what good would that do? How would that help anything? All these people were watching him, they would report to his father. And Crabbe would be replaced, a new mouthpiece for his father.

Instead, Draco turned stiffly on his heel and walked away. He walked over to where Harry and Ginny and Ron, and now Hermione, were. He stood purposefully away from Hermione, as much as it pained him, knowing Crabbe and the others were watching. He couldn't wait to escape the platform.

They all piled into Mr Weasley's car. It was a tight squeeze and Draco was pressed up against Ron and the window. Hermione was excitedly chatting to Ginny, Harry talking to Mr Weasley about the Order. Draco watched the world outside whirl past and thought of Hermione. Just because he couldn't be with her didn't mean he couldn't think about her. She was so perfect, too perfect for the ever deteriorating world. She didn't deserve to have her life hanging by a thread because of him. Because of his father. A burning hatred resurfaced for his father and he suddenly wanted to be summoned. Summoned so he could end this all and kill him. But that wouldn't stop it, would it? There'd still be Voldemort, and the other deatheaters.

The arrive outside the Burrow, the red haired family bursting out to welcome them all. Fred and George send fireworks into the air and Lily and James wait in the doorway, James' arm around Lily.

"I love you, Lil." James whispers to her as the car arrives and Lily looks up to smile at him. The last years had worn on him, tiny crinkle lines appearing in his forehead. But the lines around his eyes and mouth made her love him even more, each holding a memory of him grinning when he called her 'Evans' and winking across the common room and her rolling her eyes at him. She reached up and brought his head down to kiss him.

"Aw God, knock it off guys." Harry's voice interrupted and James drew away grinning and she smiled up at the guy that made everything in the world better.

Harry hugged them both quickly then headed inside, muttering something about being scarred for life.

Draco quickly followed, heading straight upstairs. He wasn't in the mood for family reunions right now. He sneered at the mere thought of having his own family reunion. He walked into the bathroom-- the only room in the house with a lock on the door-- and went straight to the sink, running the cold water and splashing it up his arms, on his face, down his neck. With each bracing rinse, he felt like he drowning, sinking further and further into the cruel depths of his own mind.

GUESS WHO'S BACK, BIATCHHESSS
Okay, sorry that was a little dramatic... But yeah, I'm so so sorry that I haven't updated in soo long and for a while there I was set on abandoning my fanfics, but elas, earwax. I'm back. I don't know how often I'm going to be updating, all I know is I will be finishing this fic. I may go through and add some characterisation and aesthetics at the beginning so don't be confused if there's suddenly a new starting chapter. 

ADDITIONAL NOTE: What do you guys think of a new fanfic of Rose and Scorpius?

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE:

THIS IS THE END OF BOOK ONE

If you are confused, I will put a chapter up at the start of this story to explain, but if you're too lazy for that, I'm basically making this story two books, maybe a trilogy and ending this one here on a cliff hanger. Dun, Dun, Duunnnn. Look out for my updates on it by following me and I promise you won't regret it! Also, the cover of this one is having a make-over so you might not recognise it but don't worry, it's still the same story!!! Love you all so so so much!!

Let me know what you think in the comments and remember to VOTE!!!!! 

Completed:
2

2.05.18