Breakfast with Draco

A chill crept over Hermione's skin as she slowly awoke the next morning. An icy breeze tickled her skin and as she opened her eyes she realised why.  She was still on the stone steps, her butt and neck aching, with her face pressed against Draco's chest, who was still sprawled across the steps, asleep. She was going to wake him, she really was. But seeing him like that... his eyes were shut, his long eyelashes brushing his high cheekbones, his silver hair stuck up in odd angles... great. He was beautiful even in sleep. Wait - beautiful?

She scrambled up to her feet, brushing her jeans looking around, praying no one saw them. Draco began to shift, feeling the loss of her body against his and she hastily smoothed down her hair.

"Hermione?" He mumbled, still half asleep.

"Yes. Come on, get up. We're going to be late for breakfast." She said the first thing to pop into her mind.

He frowned, scratched his head, but then got up regardless of his confusion.

In silence, they hurried down the empty corridors towards the great hall. When they finally reached it, it wss clear they were too late to meet with Harry, Ginny and Ron.

Ron. She immediately pushed him from her mind as quickly as he came into it, refusing to allow herself to cry and more over him.

They walked in, their footsteps on the stone echoing around the hall.
"Well this is strange, isn't it?" Draco commented as they sat down opposite each other.

"The strangest." She shook her head.

When she looked back up, Draco was already helping himself to a plate of pancakes.

They ate breakfast hardly talking, making awkward eye contact now and then. When they were finally finished, they began to talk.

"So about last night..." Hermione started.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone." He assured her and it felt like a weight lifted off her chest, "although when I see Weasley, I'm going to-"

Hermione didn't hear what he said next because she was transfixed at something at the other end of the great hall. Ron. Lavender. Need she say much more?

"I think I'm going to be sick." She muttered more to herself than anyone else, but Draco had heard.

He grabbed her hand, half leading, half dragging her out of the hall, muttering obscenities about Ron that made her giggle.

"So what are you doing today?" Draco asked, trying to take her mind off Ron.

"Ah. I was supposed to be going to the Slug Club thing." She thought aloud. With Ron her mind whispered. Yes, she had planned to take him, but that clearly wasn't going to happen now...

"Come to Slughorn's party with me." She suddenly said to Draco and his mouth curled into a grin much like Sirius'.

Please remember to vote and comment!!! Thanks!