The fight between buddies and the curiosity of the enemy

Start from the beginning

The way her eyes sparked with fire, intrigued me and I wanted to find out more about this flame within this girl.  Glancing at my timetable, I was happy that I did not have history until the fourth period, which gave me much possibilities and room to calm down; I was still very tensed and angry. The whole day started not good, I thought to myself. The classes I shared with Enzo, I just pretended not to see him as the sight of him made my anger return, and he also paid no heed to my presence, showing me that he had not intention of reconciliation.
He really took his word serious of not supressing or hiding his obvious infatuation for her, which unsettled me, as I never thought that he would betray me like this. Did he really deceive me? Was this betrayal or merely a passing fight, which would resolve slowly? Was a girl more important than our friendship? I could not believe that he would throw our long bond away, just to impress a girl with whom he would never end up.

Jasmeet was Indian and I knew that she refrained from having a relationship with anyone. It was just not a part of her culture to indulge in this type of affair or being close with males, at least not before her marriage. I could not sense back then, that this thought was totally wrong and that she would surprise me by proving that this was not the case. Many classmates stared at me, still wanting to find out why I walked away, and urged me with expectingly glances to elaborate on the reasons why I did not seek to fight with my closest friend.
Without hesitation, I just shot them annoyed looks and I knew that by doing so, I discouraged them to bother me with annoying questions as fury and annoyance radiated from my glances. I did not see Jasmeet or Aryan, which was a relief for me. Suddenly I could hear my phone vibrate and I retrieved it from my jeans pocket, I opened the screen and saw that Jasmeet texted me: We still have to do the presentation today, Bradley! Let us meet after school! It is in two days and we should practice the whole thing.

I groaned at the mentioning of the project, this was the last thing on my mind. Without any emotions, I responded to her: Okay, Kaur. Let us get this over with!
She did not bother to reply me, which did not matter to me or at least I tried to make myself believe this. I put it back into my jeans and proceeded to go to my class, as it was time now to indulge into studies. It was a lonely day for me today, as I did not have Enzo by my side and Mason was absent, he liked to skip a day or two sometimes. Although Mason was not a close friend like Enzo and even his presence would not have cheered me up.

I was walking to my history class when suddenly Enzo stood beside me, surprising me. I shot him an annoyed glance and disregarded his presence by glancing out of the windows. "Shawn, we have to talk. I do not want us to fight! Let us sort this thing out!" he told me sincerely, fixating me with his brown eyes. It seemed genuinely that he wanted to leave the fighting behind us. I did not know what I thought of this, but the mere consideration of us not being close anymore made me sad and I agreed with him: "Enzo, okay we will meet after school, as soon as I have completed the presentation with Jasmeet, we can leave and talk!"

When I mentioned Jasmeet, a certain glow appeared on my best friend's face. I was sure that he was already in love with her and I did not know what to think about this. However, it also seemed bad to me that I was endangering our closeness and I tried to ban my tentative feelings for this girl into the back of my mind. He nodded and we sat down in the class, waiting for the teacher to arrive, engaging in careful small talk. It was never like this. We were brothers, not by blood but by heart and I really felt the urge not to let a girl come between us.

Suddenly Jasmeet entered the room, making everyone look up, taking in her obvious transformation. It was evident that her changed attitude made many students wonder what caused this transformation. Even today, she wore something which would be considered decent or even pretty. I did not realize that I stared at her, until she gave me a questioning loo, surprise clouding her eyes, and I just lowered my gaze. To my luck and relief, Enzo seemed to be engrossed in some book and did not witness that I peeked at her.
She sat down in front of me, as there was no other seat available, and pulled out the books and notes needed for this class. The closeness confused me and I found myself noticing the enticing scent, which was radiating from her. It was like spices with a hint of flower, foreign yet interesting. It was the same one I smelled when she nursed my wound. Instinctively, I examined it, remembering the moment I shared with her, and as soon as I realized that, I slapped myself for indulging in such matters. The hour passed away quickly as it seemed as if Mrs. Stevenson changed her ways to teach and made the lecture nearly interesting and worthwhile hearing.