Chapter 5: Siege of the Warmind

It's everyday I'm being lied to.
Bronze...
Shin told me that he was my actual father. And that he passed down the Last Word to me from a man he met that told him to avenge another.

I ran from them. Raven and Shin. I had nothing to say and ran away, hiding the tears I dread upon. I went to the Forgotten Shores in the Cosmodrome. Eris told me to aid Rasputin from a Hive attack. Only favors from the City help me forget about the bad things that happen to me. When I entered, the Hive were already inside, and Rasputin was already playing music. But not just any kind of music, it was a signal music of in the need of assistance. I couldn't explain what it was really, but Eris knew he was in trouble. I mowed down the Hive with Arc Blade and entered Rasputin's main core. There was a large Wizard that floated upon the controls of Rasputin. Eris identified her as Omnigul and to silence her screams. She screams out with a song that gets me on my knees and makes my ears bleed. I grunt and growl, covering my ears and shaking my head. She then disappears after awhile. I stand up and whine a little bit from the ringing ears.
"I can still hear them, even when I don't. I will tear this bitch's throat out," I said.

"Don't let your anger get to you," said Nolan. "We have bigger problems to deal with."

"Oh I'll deal with her right now!" I shout.

I head over to the controls to check on Rasputin. He seemed okay at first, that was until Omnigul spawned in the other room where the glass was. I shot the glass, but it was bulletproof. She screamed once more and spawned her troops. Wave after wave, I took them all down with such determination. After the third wave, I activated my Golden Gun and fired it at the window. "C'mon out!" I said.
Omnigul spawned a giant Ultra Ogre into the arena. My anger got to me and destroyed the Ogre moments after being spawned with my Golden Gun. Omnigul went away, and Rasputin is safe. Eris goes on about how the Hive are stronger than she thought. Now we have to destroy his soul in the Temple of Crota.

+ + +

I slept at the Tower for the rest of the day, realizing that I haven't slept for days. I was asleep for the rest of that day, all morning the next day, and most of the afternoon.
"Crota: Hive god, Light eater, and also a son of Oryx," I remind myself.
"We've defeated the Princes, defended Rasputin, and now we must destroy Crota's soul. This feels a little too easy."
When I was ready, I got in my ship and flew to the moon. When I landed, I summoned my sparrow and drove towards the Temple.
"We hid in the old moon base up ahead," said Eris. "We were brave, but we were not ready."
When I entered the hallowed path, Eris explains how she and her Fireteam fell apart.
"When we entered, the ground cracked apart, Hive waiting for an ambush. It got worse for the ones who made it inside."
Once I set eyes on the door of the Temple, I was expecting an army of Hive. Instead, it was deserted. A ship flew down near me and flew away. I look down and see Violet. She walks fast to me.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
When she was close, she reached out for a hug. I hugged her and told her that I was fine.
When she lets go, I take a glimpse of her armor. It's different. The end of her robes are spiked cloth that are short and spiral. It's super cute, I'll tell you that.
"Eris said you would need the extra help. So I decide to join you on this adventure," she said.
I nod my head. "Okay, lets do this."

Her and I transverse down the Temple and hunt down Crota's soul. Just when we were close but far, a roar echoes out. A Hive God of his wrath being awoken.