Chapter 3: The Sword of Crota

After the incident, Nolan and I set out to the Moon for the Sword of Crota.

"I'm tracking the sword by the Light of the Guardians it's killed... it's further below," he said.
We fought through the Hive to reach the sword. It was guarded by Wizards and Knights. Unfortunately for them, I was too strong for them. Once they were eliminated, it was just me and the sword.
"Grab the sword," Nolan told me. "That should lure them out."

I pick up the sword that was floating right in the middle of the room. I swung it around, getting a feel of it.
"Careful, its power is, dark," he said.
Right as he said that, the sword became really heavy. So heavy that I was dragging it.
It was draining my Light, therefore I had to drop the sword. I felt weak and sore. I let my Light heal itself as I take a moment.
"How are supposed to kill the Princes with it if it keeps draining my Light?" I ask him. He appears next to me and looks at the sword.
"I don't know. Maybe our Light is not strong enough? Maybe our Light can't handle its strength," he then turned back to me.

I narrow my eyes at the sword. "I'm trying it again," I said.
"What? Are you crazy?" Exclaimed Nolan.
"Yes, but this isn't crazy. At least not the craziest thing I've done. If I don't use my Light to wield the sword, then it won't harm my Light. Right? Therefore I can maintain my strength."
I stood up and took the sword without using any Light. The sword felt light now. And suddenly Hive risen from the black pools around me.
"Okay then. Let's do this," I said to myself.
First were Thralls. They were scattered around me. I gathered them up into a horde and spun myself with the sword and slice everything around me. I then lost balance and wobbled around. I shook my head and told myself to not do that again.

Next up were Acolytes. Them and their void rifles were too slow for me. I picked them off one by one, dodging their beams and killing them into dust.

Once they were dead, three Knights appeared with swords.
"Guessing you're the princes, huh?" I said to them, staring. Obviously they don't understand me because if they did, then wouldn't had swung at me.
Now, understand that these things are twice as tall as me. More short references... But even if I wasn't short, they'd still be taller.
One came charging at me, swinging his sword at me. I cartwheeled to the side of him and dodged his attack. The second Knight swung his sword at me to back up the first Knight. The second one almost got me. I barely dodged it. I kicked his sword sword in mid-swing and caused it to stab the ground and make it stuck. As the second Knight gets its sword unstuck, the first Knight attempts to smack me with its cold, hard arm. I duck underneath it and summersault the Knight's face and land on my feet. The third Knight behind me swings his sword horizontally at my shoulder level. I turn around and jump high up once, raising my knees up acrobatically, and slashed his face in mid-air with my sword. He flinched and hid his face. I then turn my attention to the other two Knights. The second Knight almost has his sword unstuck, and the first one was charging at me once more. He swiftly back slaps me and knocks me to the ground. He steps forward and swings vertically at my head. I grab my sword to my right and block his. But our swords clash, grinding against each other creating sparks. I'm at a disadvantage. His sword is getting closer and closer. I can't do it, he's too strong. Right before he sliced my neck, an idea came to me. I reach my hand out, clench it, and pull it back. I then teleport on top of the Knight and dug the sword on his head.

Two more to go.

Just when the second Knight had his sword free, I ran at him furiously and jump kicked his face, pushing him back. He staggered as I slid on my feet. I slid turning around with the fiery Last Word pulled from my high heels and fired a Golden Gun shot in between his three eyes. The way that I posed firing that shot was precise and fierce.

As for the last one, he charged at me. But it wasn't a normal charge. He was glowing red around him. I fired normal shots at him, but it didn't seem to affect him. He grabbed me tightly and threw me to a pillar. Hitting that pillar broke my Light barrier, and I know it did because I saw light shatter around me. At the same time, it fizzled around my body.
The Knight stood in front of me and raised his sword to finish me off. When his sword was at its highest, the Knight stopped and froze.
A blade. A blade was drilled through the Knight's chest.
A hissing sound was made from the blade. Then incinerated the body of the Knight.
When the body collapses, the person who killed him was revealed.

+ + +

Her eyes... her sclera is black. And her iris reminds me of a snake, vampire, or dragon. A red vertical, sharp, oval iris.
She stares at me with those eyes. The way she stares at me is scary, like a cursed demon.
"I need you to come with me," she said. She gives me a hand up.
Before I take her hand, I decided to keep thinking about her eyes. What changed her?
"Gonna just stand there?" She adds, narrowing her eyes.
I take her hand without answering.
"We're leaving. We're gonna head to Europe in Earth."
"What? What do you mean?" I said.
She turns around and doesn't move. The only thing that moves is her face. She looks away.
"People say there's no place like home. I want to show you that quote isn't always the case."