Chapter 8

Eren's POV

Eren's POV

"M'lady" Levi stated as he gestured for me to follow him.
"I'm not a woman!" I yelled getting angry at him even though he did look really nice.
"Tch." He clicked his tongue and smirked. I soon made the horse speed up and get next to Levi. I smacked him on the back of the head and he turned to me with his hand comforting the spot I hit him at.
"What was that for?!" He yelled and it was I who had the smirk on my face.
"I'm not a woman." I said simply and we rode in comfortable silence until we finally came up on a gazebo with a quaint yellow bench and a small table with flowers placed delicately everywhere. Two wine glasses and a bucket of ice with a bottle of champagne inside. Levi had gotten off his horse while I was lost in my thoughts. He walked over to my horse and held out a hand to help me down. I gladly accepted it and he helped me down.
"This is beautiful." I said while still staring at the lit up gazebo.
"Well. I'm glad you like it." He said as he grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly. I looked at him and smiled. He led me to the yellow bench and we sat there looking at the stars while sitting in comfortable silence. He poured us both a glass of champagne.
"I'd like to propose a toast." He said and I raised my glass.
"To us and the life we will live together." He said and we clinked our glasses together. I took a sip of the expensive champagne. I sighed in pleasure and leaned back on the bench somewhat laying down. Levi laid his head on my chest and adjusted himself to be more comfortable.
"Hey Eren?" Levi asked and I adjusted my head to look down at him while he looked up at me.
"Yea?" I asked him with a questioning look.
"Will you go out with me?" He asked and I was honestly surprised he even asked that question. I mean I thought that was the main reason I was here.

Levi's POV

I started fiddling with my fingers while he sat there awestruck by the question.
"Please say something" I said out of nervousness.
The corners of his lips turned upwards eventually and he smiled. He nodded as if to say yes and I sighed out of relief.
"What took you so damn long to answer?!" I sort of yelled at him and lightly punched his arm.
"I thought that was the reason I was here anyways." He said and rubbed my arm in an up and down motion.
"Tch. Brat." I said and I looked up at him. He was admiring the flowers beside us so I took the advantage to kiss his cheek. I leaned up but as my lips were about to meet his cheek but instead his lips met mine. I pulled back out of shock and tensed up. His hand caressed my cheek and turned my head so I was facing him. He smoothly led his fingers to cup my chin as he leaned in and attached our lips once more. Our lips fit perfectly together as if they were made for eachother. I quickly deepened the kiss and made it more passionate and filled with love. His tongue somehow manages to make its way into my mouth as he explored every inch of it. Little did we know someone was watching us.
"Ahem." My father said making himself present. I blushed as I detached my lips from his as quickly as they met. I brushed myself and bent down so I could whisper something into the still sitting boy's ear.
"I'll be back." I whispered and headed towards my father. Eren sat there looking shocked as I turned towards my father. He started to walk towards the pond that was a bit far away from Eren. 
"So..." I started but was interrupted by my father.
"I see now. You really do love him." He said with a saddening tone. I kept my gaze on the pond as I felt his eyes on me as if he was expecting me to look him in the eye.
"Yes, I do." I said simply hoping he wouldn't take it farther.
"Oh God." He said and fell to his knees and started to cry. It was only then that I looked down at him. I crouched down to be next to him.
"Levi, I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't." I rubbed his back to try to comfort him, but the tears kept coming.
"Fath-" I started but was interrupted again by him.
"I love you. I want you to know that." He said and embraced me in a hug. I just sat there awkwardly hugging him back. He soon pulled away and wiped the the tears from his eyes to only have more start pouring out. Something wasn't right.
"What's wrong?" I asked hoping for an answer.
"Levi. I'm dying." He said slowly. I couldn't process what he had just said to me.
"What?" I asked as I sat there stunned.
"I have cancer and it's too late to treat it. It's just a matter of days." He said and that's when I started to cry. Tears spilled down my cheeks like a waterfall and I pulled him back into another hug. Something had been off for a while and now he finally knows. I wasn't affected as much as I thought I would be. Yeah, I was still sad and didn't want him to die, but I knew everyone had to die eventually. I hugged him for about 5 minutes. I smiled at him sadly and he sent a sad smile back. We hugged one last time before I helped him up. He then whistled and his horse arrived. He hopped on gently getting ready to head back towards the castle.
"Get back to him." He said and let a single tear slide down his cheek. I waved him off and walked back towards Eren. Right when he saw me he sat up and looked at me shocked.
"Levi? Are you okay?" He asked noticing my puffy cheeks and red eyes from crying. That's what had done it for me. I fell into his lap and he comforted me as he held me gently. He rocked back and forth while my hands gripped at his now damp shirt from my tears.
"Shh..." He purred soothingly as he kept rocking me. It surprised me how easily it was to open up to him. He didn't even know what had happened yet he still comforted me no questions asked.
"My dad is dying." I said through the tears so he would know what's going on. He nodded and kept rocking me.
"I'm sorry" He said into my ear as he kept comforting me. I felt another hint of sadness in my soul, but it wasn't mine and then I felt a tear fall onto my hair. I looked up at him and he too was crying.
"Why are you crying?" I asked him as my tears started to slow down.
"I can't stand to see you hurting so much." He said while still comforting me. We sat there for an hour or so just rocking back and forth. He whispered sweet nothings into my ears as a way to calm me down. The crying had finally stopped as we called our horses over. We soon heard the horses trod up beside us and we climbed on. We put them back in the stables and fed them quickly before we walked hand in hand back to the castle. We walked into my room and Eren went back to the bathroom to throw on pajama pants that the staff provided him with as did I. He changed in the bathroom and I in the bedroom still to nervous to change in front of each other. I laid down on the bed in a fetus like position and I soon felt the bed sink down beside me. Eren wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. We fell asleep with him being the big spoon and I the little spoon. I slept peacefully knowing I had the best boyfriend ever sleeping right next to me. Boyfriend. I like the sound of that.