Chapter 13

Recap:

I looked back and asked Alpha Zack how many? He said about ten, the majority of them were children. I nodded, understanding what was left unsaid. "Let me go talk to my brother. Go gather up everyone and start heading north. Follow my scent and head west. From there, it should be easy to find our pack house." I instructed, making sure he got every detail I said. "Thank you." He nodded.

And with that, Castiel and I walked back into the forest. We walked behind a tree and undressed, folding the clothes before shifting. I first grabbed the clothes before somehow managing to get the strap of each high heel into my slacked jaw. He shifted into his black wolf and had me hypnotized for a moment. He smirked at me before grabbing the clothes and taking off. Better catch up, love. His melodic voice rang. I sighed happily before following him.

~~~~~~~~~

Nervous.

That's the only word that can even come close to how I felt. My hands were shaking and my breathing was shallow. I paced back and forth in front of the door of my house. My walls were blocked up in my head so Castiel couldn't feel how nervous I am and just decide to hold them to myself instead. I took in a deep breath as I tried to calm my pounding heart.

Finally, I stopped pacing and faced the door. I took in another deep breath, silently wishing myself good luck, and walked into my house. I passed by Derek and Austin playing video games in the living room and Jewls watching them play before I walked up the stairs. The long hall was silent as I walked towards Tyler's room.

My hand hovered over the door. I began to second guess myself. Should I talk to my brother about this? I knew the answer: yes.I already told Alpha Zack and Beta Jamie that I would and I don't go back on my word. With a heavy sigh and a final push of encouragement, I knocked on the door. I could hear his footsteps pound on the wooden floor as he walked towards the door. His scent pored out of the cracks as he got closer. My heartbeat raced as the doorknob turned. It opened, revealing Tyler and I held my breath.

My brother gave me a blank stare before sighing and motioning for me to come in with a nod of is head. I stepped in and slowly let out the breath I'd been holding in. I quickly sat in the chair in front of his slightly messy desk. I kept my head down as he shut the door and went to sit behind his desk.

I took a few calming breaths as I felt Tyler's stare on my head. My breathing ceased when he said my name. "Rose . . . tell me what's going on." His gravely voice demanded in a calm way. I held my breath once more, before telling him everything in a rush.

"I was with a-uh . . . friend and we ran into an Alpha and Beta who were in our territory and I asked them why. They explained everything. How their pack was attacked, there was not even a fourth of there pack left, and how most of the pack were children without parents. They'd been traveling for ays and I-. . . I offered them to stay here." I dared to glance up at him.

He sat back in his chair and sighed.

"Rose, thank you for telling me. I believe you did he right thing, but you should have asked me first before offering them to stay here." He brought a hand up and rubbed his face. "I'm glad you came to talk to me. I've been needing to talk to you about . . . him. " Tyler sighed.

My gaze immediately went to the floor and I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to say. "I don't know what you're going to say, but let me just tell you this: I love him. He is my mate and my other half. If you can't accept him, then I- . . ." I swallowed the lump in my throat and held back the tears that were threatening to break free before continuing on, "Then I, Roseline Anne Torquent, will accept my fate and leave the pack." It broke my heart to say those words and I could feel my wolf whimper in pain of the thought of losing her family. I didn't want to leave them, but I would if I didn't have any other choice because I did love Castiel and would do anything to be with him.