t w e n t y - f o u r

//Coreys POV//

I stood there frozen.

I was already crying, but now I was sobbing like crazy.

My breath intakes began to shorten of how hard I was crying, choking in every breath.

I slowly knelt down next to her.

I placed my left hand at the back of her head, and the right placed on her neck.

My tears fell onto her coat.

Her face was still and pale.

Not my happy, smiley, adorable Sabrina. But instead someone I didn't even recognize, yet knew so well.

 "Baby..." I managed to whisper, choking out those syllables with all I had in me.

The EMS showed up.

They came and took her from my arms.

They placed her on the stretcher, as well as a tube under her nose, connected to and oxygen tank.

They placed her in the ambulance and shut the door.

It was serious to the point of which only doctors were in there.

I watched as the car drove away, and waited until I couldn't see the flashing lights anymore.

Once all I could see was the pitch black sky and street lamps, I took a deep breath and wiped my tears.

I turned around and all I saw were officers trying to figure out what happened.

I walked over to one. "What happened?"

The officer put his hand on my shoulder and pointed at a car next to the bloodstains on the sidewalk.

A car had hit her, while she was on the sidewalk.

I pointed at the car.

"But-"

"Booze." He interrupted.

My arm dropped.

My girlfriend might be dead right now of someone's stupid actions.

"Where is the driver?" I asked the officer in a firm tone, clenching my fists.

The officer pointed at a man that was wearing handcuffs, with two officers next to him.

Before I moved, the officer moved his hand from my shoulder to his arm across my chest.

"Don't do anything crazy pal."

I looked at him.

"No promises."

I gripped his hand and wiped it off of my chest.

I walked over to the driver, clenching my fist so tight I felt my nails dig into my palms. 

Once I got close enough, the man looked up to me.  

I punched him so hard it hurt my hand.

I didn't show the pain though.

When the man turned to face me his nose was bleeding.

"What the-"

"NO YOU WHAT THE. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU MIGHT HAVE JUST KILLED AN INNOCENT LIFE BECAUSE OF BOOZE YOU ASSHOLE!! TRY LOOKING FOR A LIFE IN PRISON AND IF YOU CANT FIND ONE KILL YOURSELF THANKS."